Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 30!
- We will have Mr. Irwin as a sub today as I am interviewing for the Cawd2 position. We had enough quality applicants that we actually removed the posting already. I am excited to work with any of the candidates, it will be an exciting time!
- I know many of you are getting letters about next year – please remember that not all applicants who applied to Cawd2 were accepted. Don’t make others uncomfortable with your bragging, even if you aren’t trying to be mean. Remember if you weren’t accepted you can make up any cover story you want (didn’t apply / going to another program / I hate Mr. Cronin / etc) – nobody will push you for incontrovertible evidence.
- Welcome to SkillsUSA Week! (Well, at least SkillsUSA 3 days). This week will be different with:
- No articles until Thursday. We are just spread out across the 2 rooms; not feasible.
- No Homework Club (as we have the State Design Competitions on Wednesday)…leading to…
- Design Competitions Wednesday! Dinner and Award Ceremony at the Sheraton Wednesday night.
- Game Day Quiz on Friday (Yes we have only 2 weeks before vacation). Game Day Quiz will be a review quiz on Week 28 only.
- English only today this week as we will be busy Wednesday. In addition English today will be under the library in Mr. Bisson’s classroom (M-117) as he is going to show you a digital versatile disk, and we don’t have that hardware in Cawd.
- Cawd still has Dailies Monday and Tuesday. Cawd2 see Mr. Moore for specifics.
- No Design Homework this week.
- You will get this afternoon and all day Tuesday as your last days to practice and prepare for the competitions on Wednesday:
- Game Teams – get those presentations ready, polish the game. We have teams from multiple other schools coming to compete, and while Cawd won gold last year, Stafford took silver and it was close. They are coming for us. On top of them ANOTHER school is competing as well.
- Animation Teams – practice practice practice. Quick modeling exercises. Quick animation exercises. Make things pretty that render quickly.
- Web Teams – Make sure you can work together, sharing files back and forth. Who is lead designer for logos and css? Who is lead programmer?
- All students must share with Mr. Moore a resume today. It can be any type of resume. It is a component of the competition. Must be shared with him today.
- Levi you have to to the Nurses office today at 11:00 for a Vison Screening. There is a chance of pastries.
9:45 Site Maintenance
- No meetings.
- No new vocab. Game Day Quiz on Friday is a review on Week 28 only, with extra credit coming from this week.
- I need Design Homework’s on the back table at the start of class. You will get it back Tuesday.
- Get work from Week 29 turned in by 11AM today as normal.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- In Mr. Bisson’s room, M-117.