Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Game Day tomorrow! Bring food / things / money. I have back to back meetings starting at 7.45, so if you want to drop stuff off please knock, drop it off in the front, and then run away.
- The applied JS projects that we are doing today will be graded at 1:55 on the big board for credit! Let’s have a plan so when we return from vacation you don’t have a bunch of work stacked up to finish for grading.
- Pinbox Teams were invited to see how their development is coming around – trying to lock down a time as we speak.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Game Day Prep?
- One final collection of funds for the Game Day. Let’s see where we are?
- Where do we want to go with food? Same old same old? Quesadillas? Try out doing Chinese through Jimmy’s family’s restaurant? (Asian Bistro).
- Jimmy / Maliki – you two are in charge. Make good decisions. I am happy to stop at the store on the way in, I just want a detailed list.
- What about “things”. What do you want to play? What are you bringing? Organize.
10:00 Thursday Morning Google Inspired 20%
As is tradition before the break we are going to have our Google 20% on Thursday – in this case Thursday morning only.
I am going to come around at 10:05 and get topics.
There is going to be an After Effects Option with Maliki as an option…
After Effects with Maliki!
Maliki would like to teach the class how to do this type of animation which he built in … After Effects. If this interests you, he is going to show you how to do it first, and then it would be your job to do a variation on the theme and incorporate your own styles into the design.
If you choose this option you are going to follow along with him, and he will be your point person for questions.
Regardless on what you choose to work on…
Save your work in a “20” folder inside your web server it static work, or on your Backup and Sync folder if doing animated work.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Thursday Morning Google Inspired 20%
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
Tuesday we setup our code to load one of two color schemes (blue and red puppies) based on randomly created variables.
Today you are going to take that line of thinking and get two advertisements to show up in your sidebar on your Web 2.0 homepage.
The advertisement you find should be the same size, and fit nicely into your sidebar.
When we visit your site I want at LEAST 2 advertisements displayed (either or, not both at the same time).
For my people that are starting to think next level, how could we ALSO have the JS change the link of the image so we can not only have a display advertisement but make it interactive?
Posted by 1:55, grading on the Big Board.
1:55 Grading! Post to Dailies