Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Happy Star Wars Day!
- Quiz today! Again, let’s not forget Study Group! Give me your notes before you leave.
- Cinco de Mayo tomorrow!
- We are going to use the Illustrated versions of ourselves on Monday morning. We will have Site Maintenance on Tuesday morning. This is because we have an “Early Release” on Monday at 12:40. We go to lunch at 12:10, and you are dismissed at 12:40 from lunch, wherever that is for you. This is the final Early Release day of the year.
- We are having a Google 20% today, as we are pushing Illustrated versions of us to Monday.
- Terrifying..but I feel I must snuggle with them.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Clicker Game Presentations
- Maya (Monday at 9:45, I realize you are at college right now).
We are all going to get this working, upload it, and then raise your hand to get checked off. I want to see it live on the Web Server as sometimes looking at work on the local operating system can be disingenuous on the issue of “working”. Web servers are more aggressive with things like capitalization (for good reason).
10:25 Cawd Study Group
Notes before you leave!
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Friday Morning Quiz
- Notes / Music Away
- Single Browser Tab
- Silent / Stay in Seats
- Click here.
11:30 Friday Morning Sketching Content: Angry Eye
This morning we are going to continue working with our subject of “Eyes”, in our greater 4th quarter focus of “Portraits”.
Today I want you to draw a single angry eye. To earn the A you must adjust the flow of the design elements to give the impression of angry, evil, rage. If you want to drift toward fantasy/illustration that is acceptable, as long as your design is rooted in a human eye. Exaggerate…to an extent.
This eye should be dramatically different (if you want the “A”) from the more neutral eye that you drew for Design Homework 31.
I am going to allow that you use eyebrows in your sketch (such as above), but I am going to cover your eyebrow with my hand when I grade. If the only way you are making the eye look “angry” is the eyebrow, you aren’t going to be eligible for the A, B, or C. Look at how we can use lines and shapes to get that angry, angeled, look.
Don’t draw DH 31 Again!
Sign and date, please put on the back table at lunch.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Friday Afternoon Google Inspired 20% Project
Topics today at 12:50. Please save work in the “20” folder inside Week 31.