Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome to Week 31! We have less than 6 total weeks of school left until the CTE Recognition Night. CTE Recognition Night is on Thursday, June 7th! It is a nice night where we all get together and put a period on a great year. And you may win money through scholarships (Cawd students win money every year). It usually starts at around 6pm, and is roughly as long as a movie. Tell family early, get off of work, make sure your cat knows. This will likely be your last student day of the year, unless you are required to hang back and work on missing work. (But as Mr. Cronin is an proactive, amazing person, you will be staying after for Homework Club to prevent this. What a great, great man.)
- This is how I see the last 6 weeks of school shaping up from a 50,000 perspective:
- Week 31 – Review / Illustrator / LightBox / Applied JS
- Week 32 – Bootstrap
- Week 33 – Mamp / Lamp
- Week 34 – WordPress
- Week 35 – End of year Certification Exam / End of year Passion Project
- Week 36 – Solo – A Star Wars Journey / Passion Project Presentations / Game Day / Recognition Night / Yeah Buddy
- Due to importance of the end of the the semester content, I may not assign the next Web Dev until next week 5/9 (I am hoping – I have an email in to CCV about when College Web Dev grades are due). I may have to change the two week deadlines as well to 1 week, we will see. I promise it will be fair regardless.
- Katie acquired the perfect combo of N64 / Smash over vacation and is already talking smack. Tune in at lunch. (If she has the guts.) First Game.
- Pretty color palette, interesting content.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 31: Eye
As part of our 4th Quarter focus on Portraits, we are going to break down the larger more complex finished project by first looking at the elements which make it up.
This week we will work on drawing an Eye. I went through a number of resources (some with more views, but with horrible audio) and found this was the most pleasing tutorial to me. Watch the 10 minute tutorial (play /pause) and create as large an eye as you can on the next sheet in your Sketchbook. A’s to the biggest, best versions. I really want you to work large as it helps to push the detail – this detail can be scaled down in smaller future drawings, but good to “see”.
Sign and date, due next Monday.
While this is due next Monday – we will be doing an applied “Eye” sketch on Friday after our Quiz, so your life will be easier if you have finished the tutorial (at least once) by Friday at 11.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- No new vocab this week – but a review quiz on Week 26 and Week 29 this Friday. 1 ACT / SAT Question, extra credit coming from this week.
- Please bring over Design Homework 30 | Free Sketch when we meet this morning.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
In my minds eye:
Today (Monday) we play and explore. Try to see what we can make it do, work through errors, explore. Get SOMETHING working.
Wednesday we do an applied project where we add some time based content to your current Web 2.0 styled Homepage.
Dailies today will be at 1:55, and be something that is changed with time.