Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Quiz tomorrow! Let’s not forget the study group at 10:25.
- I would like this Cheese Platter for lunch today.
- I know we can all feel the summer coming, but we do (if you enjoy good grades) need to make sure we please continue behaving appropriately in class. The big issue for me is when I am trying to debug code with a student and kids are loud, off task, walking around, etc. Yesterday was bad in that regard with:
- yelling out – raise your hand
- being loud in general
- touching (Stop touching)
- having to be told to get to work
- walking around
- not following the article
- AND THIS WAS JUST WEDNESDAY. Let’s all make sure we keep working as we have all year – all of us. The title of “highest grade in Cawd for the year” is between 4 students separated by .36 decimal places. Highest scoring student wins the “Cawd Student of the Year” award and wins $50 cash on recognition night. Do you want the money?
- Remember that tomorrow’s eye based sketching assignment will be easier for you if you have already done Design Homework 31.
- At 12:45 today the 4 Pinbox3000 Design Teams have a meeting in Mrs. Wolfe’s room to talk about textures and materials. Tomorrow while the rest of Cawd is working on Eye’s after the quiz, you and your teammate are going to generate and finalize all supporting textures and materials so Mrs. Wolfe can print them out to be applied to the physical designs. She has 3 templates for you to work off of in Photoshop / Illustrator. Right after the article head down, including:
- Maliki / Preston
- Senghe / Harper
- Leavitt / Nolan
- Jimmy / Victor
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Web Design Content
First, we are going to get it working and go through the workflow of using Photoshop to prep the images.
Second, we are going to follow the documentation on the site as if you were a human and needed to get this to work. We will work the steps, and you will start seeing that you can do all this yourself without help. We are going to use jQuery – from their site:
Some assets we will/could use:
10:25 Cawd Study Group
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Thursday Morning Gallery Website
This morning you are going to create an attractive gallery for “something” you are interested in. It could be bees, trucks, soccer players, burritos, etc.
- Minimum of 6 projects to feature. Each “project” will have a thumbnail and full-size image.
- Thumbnail images setup through Photoshop, the same size for design consistency. Prep in Photoshop as appropriate.
- Full-sized images any size as Lightbox will adapt to the size.
- Setup Lightbox so images 3,4,5 are in a set and can be moved between with arrows. Images 1, 2 and 6 are their own, individual, image set.
- Use of CSS to create a centered gallery with attractive colors.
Create a folder called “gallery” inside of Week 31. This folder will hold your entire project.
At 11:50 we are going to present these projects for your Final Grade through the dailies form. Upload your completed project and then post to dailies.
11:50 Presentations for Grade
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
Today we will continue to work on our Clicker Game (or incremental game). We all made great strides on Tuesday toward our clicker game – now finish it!
Grading is happening at 1:50 today so we can all play the games on the Big Board.
Each game will be played by all students (at your seat) and will show us a nice bit of user testing. If would be good to have others practice your game before you present!
Create a logical file name/folder structure, and post your Clicker Game to dailies for 1:50 presentations.
1:50 Clicker Game Presentations