Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome to Week 32!
- Remember that today is the final “Early Release” day of the year we are all dismissed at 12:40 from wherever you are at the end of lunch. If you are sitting in the cafeteria at 12:39, you can go to the busses / home / your helicopter right from there. Get it? GET IT?
- SkillsUSA Mandatory Meeting TOMORROW @ 6pm in the Cafeteria. This means the following students will meet Mr. Moore tomorrow for the meeting:
- We are pushing Site Maintenance from Monday to Tuesday (same time) so we can do something on this half day. I still would like your sketchbooks, with DH 30 | Eye, now. Place on back table with name and date. You can take them home tomorrow.
- This week we will be working with Digital Painting / Portraits / Bootstrap. We will be doing Digitally Painted Portraits of ourselves on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons this week – please bring in a Photo to paint over (as we will be using our tablets). If you don’t have one we can take a photo of you here, no problem, but if you have a nice senior photo or another photo that is a portrait please have it Tuesday / Wednesday afternoon depending on your schedule. Shoulders up, just as a “normal” portrait. Thursday morning we are going to present these for final grade and two will be selected/printed/framed to take home to your mothers (free gifs, which are homemade, win-win):
- “Best” – or most like the student
- Random – random drawing regardless of likeness
- Web Dev 5 is posted – you can use all your previous work product! Check your email.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 32 | Lips
As we continue breaking down our 4th Quarter focus of “Portrait”, we are moving on to lips. Follow this resource and draw the lips that that the artist draws. Use whatever blending tools you wish, but an erasure works just fine. Feel free to bring your erasure home with you, or ask me and I can give you a road erasure you can just throw in your bag.
Sign and date, due 1 week from today.
No face, no eyes, just lips.
9:50 Clicker Game Presentations
The remaining students:
9:55 Illustrated Versions!
Everyone places your illustrated versions of yourself on the Public in the folder called “Illustrated Versions“.
Make sure you are saving as your last name, and as a .png (with transparent background) at a resolution of 300.
10:00 Monday / Tuesday Web Design Exploration Time
Ok – this is going to be some time to explore and tinker. Often this “less structured” time can be the most beneficial to learning new things as you get to tinker and explore without boundaries. It also requires the engagement of creativity – you aren’t just mindlessly typing what I tell you to type.
We all have versions of ourselves on the server. Take all, take some, take none.
Using html5 / css3 / js – explore, tinker, and do something.
Save all your work in a folder called “illustrated” and upload to your Week 32 folder.
Did you use two of the three? You get a D! (Hey, welcome to below average!)
Did you use a project that uses all three? You are eligible for the A! (Not guaranteed – you could throw up a basic alert in JS and say “Herp derp I used all three!” You can imagine how I am going to grade that.
We are presenting these at 11:00 Tuesday morning. This will be directly after our Site Maintenance / break.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)