Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to another Tumultuous Tuesday! Schedules changed accordingly. All late work has been graded, make sure to check your gradebook in our post-lunch session of Silent Production to make sure you aren’t after school for Homework Club Wednesday afternoon.
- Nice animation done programmatically.
- Just circles.
- Building “moves“.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Tuesday Morning Client Work – VDAA
This morning we are going to continue production on the Vermont Dental Assistant Association Client Redesign.
We have built our new color scheme:
We are now going to rebuild their logo using the new color. This is all that we have to work off of.
We are going to built it step by step in Illustrator.
At the end save it as “VDDALogo.png” and “VDAALogo.ai”. We are going to use PNG’s for this project for a couple reasons:
- Lossless compression.
- They work pretty much anywhere.
- 24 bit .png’s give us partial transparency’s which is really nice, and we may use with this.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Web Design Content
Introduction to Content Management Systems
- What is a CMS?
- Databases – we need these.
- What is the most popular CMS on the planet? What are we going to use? WordPress!
- We will develop this locally and I will grade you off your MAMP instal.
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance and Article
12:25 Silent Site Maintenance / Missing Work Check
- Check to see if you are missing any work
- Work on anything Cawd related / Design Homework / College Homework
- 12:40 Departures for CTE students
12:45 Afternoon Photoshop Compositing Content
- Compositing – putting together separate pieces together to form a cohesive whole
- Color Grading / Color Correcting
- Using Masks for non-destructive editing
- Clipping Masks to focus color grading to specific layers
- Creating animated gifs of final project to see the final result
1:10 Week 32 Compositing Project: Jungle and Free Choice
Monday through Thursday this week you are going to work on two different compositions where you take separate imagery you find from the internet, and combine them together to create a composite whole.
For both projects we want to see a 1080p resolution of 1920 x 1080 in size in Photoshop. Start with this blank canvas first before you start adding any media.
Assignment #1: Jungle
Combine elements of the theme of “jungle” together to create a complete whole. In addition to the standard static .jpg’s and .psd’s, I also want you to create a .gif of the final result being built with a pause at the end so we can see your final production. The gif should loop.
Save as “lastnameJungle.psd”, “lastnameJungle.jpg”, and “lastnameJungle.gif” and upload to the “week_32” folder.
Assignment #2: Free Choice
In this second exercise I want to open the subject matter up to you. We all had to do the jungle, but what could you take this subject matter to and create through the theme of “compositing”? Some examples you may want to consider are:
- Coral Reef
- Space Scene
- War scene – not for the gratuitous aspect, but for the random, more organic composition of say trenches and explosions in a World War 1 aesthetic.
- City / Urban Landscape (but be warned the hard edges of man-made objects will make this subject harder to do, but may look amazing at the end.
Same requirements of the jungle with the .jpg, the .psd, and the .gif.
Save as “lastnameChoice.psd”, “lastnameChoice.jpg”, and “lastnameChoice.gif” and upload to the “week_32” folder.
** If you are here only every other afternoon you will only be responsible for the jungle.