Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Welcome to Tuesday! I hope you all enjoyed your early afternoons yesterday.
- What the rest of our week looks like in terms of “different” goings on:
- Today – we (Maliki) are hosting a Middle School Visitor from about 12:15 to the end of the day. We are running our day as “normal”, and the student is going to be exploring some hands on activities with him. We want him to see the real Cawd, so we are going to run the show as normal.
- Wednesday – pretty normal.
- Thursday – meeting with Mrs. Papp about our Cawd Job Shadows which run in a two week window starting 5/14 through 5/25. You will be going to work with our School District Web Designer, going to Blue House, going to Dealer, etc. We are also going to host 4 and 5 year olds, and teach them how to use the tablets and do digital painting – basic – but digital painting.
- Friday – Public unveiling at 10am of Pinbox 3000 Projects to clients (students that are having their work created by their design teams only).
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Site Maintenance
- The new vocab is posted – quiz on Friday.
- You can take your sketchbooks.
- Remember that we are presenting our Code Explorations at 11AM.
- Students missing work are going to be after school on Wednesday as normal for Homework Club.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Presentations of Monday / Wednesday Code Exploration
- McKayla Wytewa
- Nolan Moore
- Katie Miles
- Jean-Marie Hatungimana
- Eric Thompson
- Jordan Dubois
- Nathan Preston
- Evan Soulia
- Donovan Garcia-Buckler
- Maliki LaForce
- Senghe Dhondup
- CJ Brooker
- Cameron Shepherd
- Jimmy Jiang
- Tristen Bernier
- Eric Laterreur
- Eli Kline
- Maya Provost
- Haven Funkhouser
- Colton Lambert
- Cameron Leavitt
- Isaac Bradford-Feldman
- Judah Avery
- Harper Meli
11:30 Childhood Education Visitors Intro
Visitors, you say…
11:35 Morning Photoshop Content
- Digital Painting
- Using a reference image
- Opacities / Flow
- Blending Modes
- Reference Images
- Mixer Brushes
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Tuesday / Wednesday Afternoon Photoshop Content: Digital Self Portrait
Over the next two afternoons, we are going to work on Self Portraits of ourselves. We are specifically practicing:
- Looking at the components which make up Portraits.
- Working with Photoshop and Digital Painting, using our Wacom tablets and pressure sensitivity.
- Creating a piece of art which can be used for a free Mothers Day present! We are going to present these on Thursday morning for your grade. Two projects will be selected Thursday and be printed/framed and given to the students to take home on Friday:
- The most accurate digital painting of the student.
- A random drawing – even those that don’t do as well as the others have a chance for a nice keepsake. (As a parent I can tell you that the quality of your art matters much less to your family, as the effort and sentiment.).
You are going to use the Portrait photo that you brought in as a reference image. It will be on a lower layer, and be locked so we can’t alter it. If you don’t have one, we will take a nice photo.
Create a new document 8.5 inches wide, by 11 inches in height at a resolution of 300.
Place your reference image on the canvas.
You are then going to use layers/ colors/ brushes/adjustments/blending modes to trace your face as accurately as you can.
Frequently hide the original layer as we don’t care about the photo, we care about the digital painting.
By the end of the day Wednesday save digital painting as “selfPortrait.jpg” and upload to your Week 32 folder.
We will present on Thursday first thing for your final grade.