Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Students may stay and work today until 3pm when all work from Week 31 is due. Students missing any work I will touch base with as you are required to stay after (if you can’t get the work in). Would anyone like a Homework Club Bus?
- See? Greatest ever.
- Laterreur – you have a library book out that was due October 18th. You have a library fine of $117! (Or you can just bring the book back).
- Students did a really nice job on their Self Portraits so far. Remember we are presenting/grading these tomorrow morning! Some examples of progress from yesterday:
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Tuesday / Wednesday Afternoon Photoshop Content: Digital Self Portrait (Supplemental Work Time)
Guess what! CVU decided to do Junior Testing today, and MMU decided to have a “Delayed Start”. Wonderful.
Due to these conflicts, I have had to push Bootstrap to Thursday AM after our visitors.
To be honest, after seeing how well you all did yesterday afternoon, kids that are here every other day simply may not have enough time to “finish” by Thursday AM anyway – I hope this will help reduce some of the stressors and give you time work.
This morning the focus will be:
- Working on your Digital Painting Self Portraits
- Talking with the 8 students who will be hosting pre-school visitors
10:00 Pre-school visitor Meeting
(BTW I am the fit, tall, orange shirt guy with the great hair in the image above. Who are you?)
Who really wants to work (and be patient) with the kids, teach them how to use the drawing tablets, and paint silly things from 10ish through 10:35ish? If you work with the visitors you get extra credit AND you don’t have to do the project the other kids are doing. At the same time you must do an amazing job with the kids to get the extra credit.
Does anyone want to present where they are so far? Not grade bearing, it is just fun to see how we are all progressing.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Tuesday / Wednesday Afternoon Photoshop Content: Digital Self Portrait
Today we are continuing our work on Self Portraits of ourselves. We are specifically practicing:
- Looking at the components which make up Portraits.
- Working with Photoshop and Digital Painting, using our Wacom tablets and pressure sensitivity.
- Creating a piece of art which can be used for a free Mothers Day present! We are going to present these on Thursday morning for your grade. Two projects will be selected Thursday and be printed/framed and given to the students to take home on Friday:
- The most accurate digital painting of the student.
- A random drawing – even those that don’t do as well as the others have a chance for a nice keepsake. (As a parent I can tell you that the quality of your art matters much less to your family, as the effort and sentiment.).
You are going to use the Portrait photo that you brought in as a reference image. It will be on a lower layer, and be locked so we can’t alter it. If you don’t have one, we will take a nice photo.
Create a new document 8.5 inches wide, by 11 inches in height at a resolution of 300.
Place your reference image on the canvas.
You are then going to use layers/ colors/ brushes/adjustments/blending modes to trace your face as accurately as you can.
Frequently hide the original layer as we don’t care about the photo, we care about the digital painting.
By the end of the day Wednesday save digital painting as “selfPortrait.jpg” and upload to your Week 32 folder.
We will present on Thursday first thing for your final grade.