Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Quizzes on Friday morning. 15% of your grade are the quizzes, typically 9 new, 1 review, and 1 extra credit question from our articles.
This years Sat / Act prep work comes from “100 Most Common SAT Words” by Quizlet. As we are using their list to pull from you are able to use their free study tools. Make a free account so you add the new words to your Study Bank. As the weeks go by and you are studying from this ever growing word bank, you will find that your vocabulary (speaking and retention) has improved.
Let’s make you smarter, and get another 500 points on some of this standardized testing which right or wrong impacts your educational path.
Sat / Act prep
- Hypothesis – theory requiring proof. “The scientist put her hypothesis to the test through her experiment.”
- Impetuous – rash, impulsive. “His new friend was headstrong and impetuous – not a patient bone in his body.”
- Impute – to attribute to someone. “The crimes imputed to the defendant were without evidence, and he was released.”
General CTE / Cawd
- CTE’s Recognition Night is Thursday June 7th. To be eligible for the scholarships and prizes (both grade based and random) you must be in attendance! Tell family, work and friends early – like maybe today!
- A Portrait is a painting, drawing, photograph, or engraving of a person, especially one depicting only the face or head and shoulders.
- A Style Guide is a set of standards for the design of documents. A style guide establishes and enforces style to improve connection with other designs/designers, and to help steer a project to the intended outcome.
- Html5 attributes are part of html5 tags, and are typically written in a name=”value” structure. As an example, the <img> tag has the following attributes:
- Input tags in html5, such as buttons, allow for basic “click/no click” interaction with a website.
- We can use the Document Object Model to connect our html5/css3/js together. By using the DOM we can access and change any content in a web page through code, often through html5 attributes.
- The window.setInterval() method calls a function or evaluates an expression at specified intervals (in milliseconds). If you want JS to do “something” every X seconds, use window.setInterval. The structure:
- window.setInterval(theFunctionToBeRepeated, howOftenToRepeat);
- It takes 1000 milliseconds to equal 1 second.
- Event Listeners are instructions to the browser to “listen” for a specific user interaction with an element, such as clicking on a button.
- A function is a set of statements that performs a task or calculates a value. Programmers often write functions to describe multi line / multi step processes, so you don’t have to re-write code over and over.
- .innerHTML is a property which allows JS to change the content of an html tag. We used this when outputting our Clicker Game score to the screen.