Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Ice chunk render in Blender.
- Don’t forget DH 33 for Monday!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Week 33 Floating Island Pre-production presentations
Week 33 (this week)
- What does a floating island mean to you? Right from the start of the project what should a “Floating Island” contain? What are common elements of “floating” that you should incorporate? What are common elements of “island“?
- Decide what type of role do you want to take on for this project. You can decide to be a:
- Digital Painter and work in Photoshop. Final product will be static .jpg/.psd’s at 1080p.
- Illustrator and work in Illustrator. Final product will be static .jpg/.ai’s at 1080p.
- 3D Environmental Artist and work in in Blender with Photoshop for final touches. Final product will be single static .jpg at 1080p.
- Level Designer in Blender / Unreal. Final product will be level walkthrough .mp4 at 1080p (if we can / 720p as fallback).
- A first draft of your project.
- Create a presentation (Google Doc Slides) which has all of the information. Your grade comes from how well you talk about the specific elements. You can incorporate design elements and inspiration, a mood board, whatever helps drive this project visually for you. Your presentation is your grade and will happen THIS Friday at 9:45. 2-3 minute presentation.
Students in Study Group will go first to avoid conflicts.
10:25 Cawd Study Group
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Week 33 Quiz
- Silent until noon.
- Stay in your seats.
- When complete move silently into our post quiz sketch.
- Click here.
11:30 Friday Morning Sketching Content: Nose Profile
DH 33 this week has been exploring the form of the nose, and today we are going to do a variation on the theme by doing a nose profile sketch. Sketch the nose from the side.
Sign and date, place on back table by lunch.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Friday Afternoon Google 20% Project
I am coming around for topics today at 12:50.