Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Neat design study with the traditional I love NY motto to show it is more than just New York City.
- No dailies today, just too few people. Maybe frisbee again – have to ask Mr. Moore.
- Quiz tomorrow!
- Neat when filmmakers embrace the collegial nature of the industry, and create (well, they don’t create them) graphics to recognize each other, often with the two competing franchises.
- Would you want to live here?
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning WordPress Content
10:25 Cawd Study Group
Work as a Cawd Web Mentor.
Work in the following teams to get your VDAA Client Work setup correctly locally. Work on the student in Bold’s machine so you can work on their Lamp install.
- Ben mentoring Davies
- Emilia mentoring Mercer
- Cole mentoring Mendes
- DeLu mentoring Ellie
The goal is the 4 mentors get:
- “dental” accounts created in Mamp (database and user)
- “dental” folder in root directory
- WordPress installed in folder
- “Travel-agency” theme copied to “theme” folder (inside wp-content) and activated
- Anything else we do this morning
Work on a Pass / Fail
Create the following table as a pass fail and show it to me by break.
Make it look like this:
Here is how you code it if you get stuck (embedded styles ok for this):
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Job Shadow Prep with Ms. Papp
Mrs. Papp is going to come in talk about our upcoming Job Shadows and schedule.
- Job Packet
- Afternoon classes / conflicts
- Anything else people are worried about?
** Whenever we are waiting for Mrs. Papp (who has an earlier meeting she is arriving to us from) or she is meeting with Shadow Groups individually, use the time for Floating Island production. Some groups have received less time due to this weeks schedule, and are still presenting tomorrow morning at 9:45.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 33 Floating Island Pre-production
Week 33 (this week)
- What does a floating island mean to you? Right from the start of the project what should a “Floating Island” contain? What are common elements of “floating” that you should incorporate? What are common elements of “island“?
- Decide what type of role do you want to take on for this project. You can decide to be a:
- Digital Painter and work in Photoshop. Final product will be static .jpg/.psd’s at 1080p.
- Illustrator and work in Illustrator. Final product will be static .jpg/.ai’s at 1080p.
- 3D Environmental Artist and work in in Blender with Photoshop for final touches. Final product will be single static .jpg at 1080p.
- Level Designer in Blender / Unreal. Final product will be level walkthrough .mp4 at 1080p (if we can / 720p as fallback).
- A first draft of your project.
- Create a presentation (Google Doc Slides) which has all of the information. Your grade comes from how well you talk about the specific elements. You can incorporate design elements and inspiration, a mood board, whatever helps drive this project visually for you. Your presentation is your grade and will happen THIS Friday at 9:45. 2-3 minute presentation.