Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to another Tumultuous Tuesday. Schedules changed accordingly.
- Doors locked immediately after school as normal for Tuesdays.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Web Design Content
- Preformated text <pre> tag
- nth rules
- Setting up specific rules for specific tables
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Web Design Project: Star Wars and Aliens franchises
This morning you are going to work on two projects that practice work with tables, and applied CSS.
Create a folder called “tables”, with an index.html and accompanying css.
On your “index.html” create two tables, one for each movie series.
- The Phantom Menace
- Attack of the Clones
- Revenge of the Sith
- Rogue One
- A New Hope
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Return of the Jedi
- The Force Awakens
Aliens (Or other series that has at LEAST 6 movies in it)
- Alien 3
- Alien Resurrection
- Alien vs. Predator
- Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
- Alien: Covenant
Each movie series will have its own table with columns for:
- Name of movie (listed above)
- Year it came out
- Box Office (get it as accurate as you can)
- Your personal ranking of movie in this franchise, call it the “Austin Score”, or the “Cole Score”. #1 is the best. This will give your second table an extra column. Plan for this.
Set each up with some visual css that matches up with the movie, and is different for each of the two franchises. Same page.
Mr. Cronin’s Star Wars Example Code
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance and Article
12:25 Silent Site Maintenance / Missing Work Check
- Check to see if you are missing any work
- Work on anything Cawd related / Design Homework / College Homework
- 12:40 Departures for CTE students
12:45 Week 33, 34, and 35 Afternoon Design Project Focus: Floating Island
Afternoons over the next 3 weeks (excluding Google 20’s) are going to be focused on a theme of “Floating Island”. What this means to you as a person, and how you are going to interpret this visually is going to be up to you both thematically and technically.
The work will be broken down into 3 specific weeks of work, all with different milestones and presentations to the class for credit. This will emulate the type of work that you will find in the college / university environment. Our Cawd Advisory Board has explicitly said they want to see this type of “deeper diving” into an area of career focus.
- What does a floating island mean to you? Right from the start of the project what should a “Floating Island” contain? What are common elements of “floating” that you should incorporate? What are common elements of “island“?
- Decide what type of role do you want to take on for this project. You can decide to be a:
- Digital Painter and work in Photoshop. Final product will be static .jpg/.psd’s at 1080p.
- Illustrator and work in Illustrator. Final product will be static .jpg/.ai’s at 1080p.
- 3D Environmental Artist and work in in Blender with Photoshop for final touches. Final product will be single static .jpg at 1080p.
- Level Designer in Blender / Unreal. Final product will be level walkthrough .mp4 at 1080p (if we can / 720p as fallback).
- A first draft of your project.
- Create a presentation (Google Doc Slides) which has all of the information. Your grade comes from how well you talk about the specific elements. You can incorporate design elements and inspiration, a mood board, whatever helps drive this project visually for you. Your presentation is your grade and will happen THIS Friday at 9:45. 2-3 minute presentation.
- Create your “Completed Project” – completed in a sense that it goes before the class for grade and constructive criticism (and from Mr. Cronin).
- Presented to the class at 9:45 Friday of Week 34.
- Students and I will be giving constructive criticism to you through Google Doc for you to review.
- Review the constructive criticism you received. Adapt your project accordingly.
- Present to the class your final project at 9:45 of Week 35.
- Grade is derived from overall quality of project, listening to the constructive criticism of the class and myself.
Dailies will happen as normal.
Please keep in mind the following A/B scheduling adjustments that have been made for academic classes. These are due to snow days months ago.
Some previous students with the prompt of “Floating Island”. This used to be a 2D Design theme for Cawd, and that is why you see so many 2D designs related to Floating Island – I hope to see more and more varied topics this year.