Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Cawd Homework Club today for any student missing work.
- Quiz Friday!
- Updated Job Shadow Schedule – Mrs. Papp is coming in tomorrow @ 11 to go over specifics.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Client Work: Exploring the Dental Theme
Today I want to install it, play around, tinker, and explore. Until we know what it does, we won’t really be able to leverage it effectively.
The process we are going to follow this morning:
- Setup VDAA website in root directory
- Create database for Dental project
- Create user for Dental project
- Install WordPress
- Download / Install / Activate theme
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 33 Floating Island Pre-production
Week 33 (this week)
- What does a floating island mean to you? Right from the start of the project what should a “Floating Island” contain? What are common elements of “floating” that you should incorporate? What are common elements of “island“?
- Decide what type of role do you want to take on for this project. You can decide to be a:
- Digital Painter and work in Photoshop. Final product will be static .jpg/.psd’s at 1080p.
- Illustrator and work in Illustrator. Final product will be static .jpg/.ai’s at 1080p.
- 3D Environmental Artist and work in in Blender with Photoshop for final touches. Final product will be single static .jpg at 1080p.
- Level Designer in Blender / Unreal. Final product will be level walkthrough .mp4 at 1080p (if we can / 720p as fallback).
- A first draft of your project.
- Create a presentation (Google Doc Slides) which has all of the information. Your grade comes from how well you talk about the specific elements. You can incorporate design elements and inspiration, a mood board, whatever helps drive this project visually for you. Your presentation is your grade and will happen THIS Friday at 9:45. 2-3 minute presentation.