Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Milton people you have a 12:50 bus today! Don’t be late and don’t forget or you are walking! Walking can be fun, but that is a long walk.
- Remember to bring in DH4 completed on Monday!
- Monday will also be our first of three “early release” days of the school year. You kids get to go home and play, and I am stuck in teacher meetings. The rough schedule of Monday is:
- Start of the day is normal.
- Longer session of Site Maintenance (Goes to 11:05 – no break)
- Early Lunch
- English after Lunch
- Dismissed at 12:30 to go to busses – no afternoon classes
- EHS kids must be dismissed early at 11:35 to get your busses which are leaving even earlier, it is your responsibility to contact Mr. Bisson and get / do the missing work.
- Will it be crazy? Yes. We will adapt and roll with it.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Animation Content: The 12 Principles of Animation
- The 12 Principles of Animation are cornerstones to the animation industry. They describe 12 important characteristics in “solid animation”.
- Created by Disney Animators, Ollie Johnson and Frank Thomas.
Principle #1- Squash and Stretch.
- Let’s explore in Animate this morning.
10:25 Week 4 Quiz Study Group to Mr. Irwin
- Cameron L.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
Friday Morning Quiz
- Notes / Music Away
- Single Browser Tab
- Silent / Stay in Seats
- Click here.
11:30 Friday Morning Sketching Content: Baseline Perspective Sketch
We will continue working on our sub-focus in Cawd, of the three sketch types that Champlain College wants to see in their applicants. Two weeks ago we a Still Life, last week we did a Portrait, and today we are getting a baseline on Perspective drawing.
The first part of the process is to get a baseline on what you can do now. At the end of the year we will compare what you create in September to what you create in June, and will see the growth.
For this weeks assignment I want you to sketch a perspective drawing. What does that mean to you? I really don’t want to explain how – I need to see what you know what to do now.
Sign and date in the bottom right corner, on the back table right before lunch.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
Google 20% Project! – your second?
I am coming for topic at 1pm – get to it while I intro with the students on their first Google 20%.
Google 20% Project! – your first?
What is a 20% project? What could I do?
Topics by 1pm.
How am I graded?
Create a folder called “20” inside your Weekly folders. Notice no percent symbol. Any content that is 20% related goes in this folder, and call logical file names.
If I were modeling a sword in Maya I would have a “20” folder, and then I would make 3 renders at 720p called “swordCronin_1.jpg” through “swordCronin_3.jpg”.
If I were doing some Photoshop work I would have a “20” folder, and then I would make a .jpg called “creationCronin.jpg”.
You must include your name in the file.
You must include 3 renders if working in Maya.
You must include 1 .jpg if working in Photoshop.
You must include 1 published .swf if working in Animate.