Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 4!
- Now that we have finished a quiz, and have another on Friday, I can offer you an opportunity related to quiz improvement. Each time you set a record for the high score you get an extra 10 minutes of lunch on Friday. Last week was an 82, see if you can beat it this week.
- Please remember our Open House is going to be this Thursday from 2:05 to 5:00pm. Please remember that this is earlier than regularly scheduled.
- CVU students, we received this note regarding the impact CVU having off Wednesday – “There will be bus transportation to and from CTE on Wednesday, September 19th even though there is not school at CVU that day. Students will need to get themselves to CVU that morning to get on the bus. There will be NO early stops and only ONE pick up at CVU in the AM.”
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 4 | Roomba
This week I am going to be doing some pre-production for our first lessons in animation. We are going to be working with a self propelled robot which moves around the world.
While you won’t be required to create this exact Roomba next week in Blender, you are required to draw this Roomba as DH4 – in fact the assignment is to sketch this exact photo, from this view.
Why are we doing this?
Next week we will be building our own self propelled robots, and I want you to see that they are more than simple cylinders. Notice the gaps between plastic sections, the vents, buttons, branding, etc.
I want these details to not only show up in your sketch, but also in next weeks digital production. This is a perfect example of pre-production to get comfortable with a topic before full digital production.
Sign and date, due 1 week from today.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- The Week 4 Vocab is posted – start studying early!
- Cawd Study Group will be starting up and run Thursday and Friday’s before break with Mr. Irwin in student services. 5 students per week will work on studying (hopefully improving not only your Cawd content knowledge, but also getting better at studying for college).
- Check the Week 3 “What is due”. Work is due today at 11!
- Sign and date your sketches now please, and bring them over when we meet.
- This Wednesday begins the Cawd Homework Club. From 2:05 to 3:00 Cawd is kept at a classroom levels of volume, and students can stay and work. Students are required to stay for this afternoon Homework Club if they are missing any work. If a student is required to stay after school and does not (at this point not doing their work, and then not staying after school to get caught up) you get an “F” for the weeks Worker Trait grade, and we reach out to your family at home. This will not impact the vast majority of you, but please remember the expectations is that you are current in work, or are working after school to get current. If you are required to stay after you can get picked up, or CTE offers a bus at 3pm to your sending schools – not to home – but to SB, SVU, Rice, etc.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday and Tuesday Blender Exercise: Go Kart
Monday and Tuesday this week are going to be focused on building a Go Kart in Blender. We are going to specifically look at the Mirror modifier, and see how it can make our lives easier in Production.
Once we have covered some initial Blender, get right into production, dailies at 1:55!
For final grading (not for a week) create 3 renders called “lastnameKart_1.jpg” through “lastnameKart_3.jpg”, and upload to your “week_04” folder.