Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Quiz tomorrow!
- Great way to turn a negative to a positive.
- I am happy to announce our Cawd Student Council Representatives for this year. Harold is our Class President, and Jimmy is our Vice-President. The first full student council meeting of this school year is scheduled for Thursday, September 28th in room M116 from 11:45 – 12:30.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Maya Content
Today will start learning how to use Maya to animate. We are going to cover:
- Animating in Maya
- Basics of Keyframes
- Moving / Stretching / Compressing
- Multiple Camera Shots
- Graph Editor
- Batch Rendering Images to use in Premiere
- Creating Text in Maya
- Sound? What do we do about sound? Do we just do what other high school kids do? Should we strive for a higher standard of honor? The truth is somewhere in the middle likely.
- Please do NOT upload your .mp4 projects from this week (your first Demo reel from Tuesday, your first Maya animation today) as our web server is not setup to play video in this way. We are going to turn in animations differently, more to come next Monday during Site Maintenance. Just keep the files for now.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Maya Animation Exercise: First Logo Animation
In our first Maya animation assignment, I want you to create a logo animation which at a minimum includes your first and last name.
Do you have a nick name you want to use? Ok. How about gamer tag? Ok. Everything must be appropriate. You know that hilarious name that has the trifecta of drug / sex / gun references? Yeah. No.
Any other elements (such as the cubes above, the gray world) are optional – just make it pretty. Keep in mind you have to render this. If you use image based lighting, with a long per-frame render time – you must plan for rendering. When should you render?
- During English
- During Break
- During Lunch
- Before class (come in early and setup renders at 8 before your AM classes)
- Storyboard your animation first – we are NOT doing this as this is our fist animation, I just want you crazy kids playing and learning how to do things. We will be storyboarding out animations as pre-production going forward, but this is Day 1.
- Model in Maya
- Animate in Maya
- Render in Maya (720p) – render a single camera, or multiple shots.
- Import and Edit in Premiere
- Export again at 720p
When you are complete export your final mp4 at 720p as “logoCronin.mp4” and hold onto it for now.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 4 Afternoon Exercise: Spaceship
This is the final day! Finish!
Remember the main guidelines. Include:
- Cockpit / Canopy
- Landing Gear
- Way in / out of your ship
If here only half time you do not need to texture your ship.
Full specifics in the Monday Dayplan.
Whenever we have a final day of a project, you can present for your dailies a daily specific render, or a project specific render that you are ready to turn in with the appropriate file name.