Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Doors locked immediately after school due our Tuesday staff meeting.
- Quiz Friday – if you haven’t done as well as you like yet, start studying now.
- Students that are missing assignments – make sure you have made arrangements for tomorrow’s Homework Club! You want freedom, get the work in.
- If anyone would be interested in being on the CTE Student Council, I would ask that you talk to me today. We have our first CTE Student Council meeting on Thursday 9/28. Typically the meetings are 11:45 – 12:30 once every 3 weeks or so. If you are looking to become involved, and are looking for an extra curricular to add to your college applications (Let’s be honest) this may be for you. We are going to have a President, and a Vice President. Depending on the interest we will have speeches before the voting, 60 seconds at max.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Introduction to video editing through Adobe Premiere
- Organizing Assets / Bins
- Effects Controls
- Media Encoder – exporting a .mp4
10:30 Adobe Animate Content
- Exporting still frames to use in editing software, as compared to .swf files.
- Let’s look at some differences between the .swf and rendering images. Why is this happening?
- Interpreting Footage
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Demo Reels
Demo Reel, or Show Reel, is a video or audio presentation designed to showcase your talents to a potential employer. The idea is that the employer can see what you are capable of based on the examples you have supplied.
Unreal Sizzle Reel – A company “Demo Reel”
3D Artists Demo Reel
11:10 Morning Premiere Exercise: Your first Demo Reel
In our first dedicated Premier project, I want you to create your first demo reel. A
You are going to take 5 of your first projects and include them in your reel. If doing a 3D Project you must include your 3 renders. If doing your Photoshop work you will only include a single .jpg. Resize as needed so they show up appropriately on the screen.
Some of the projects are required, some are up to you:
- Bio Animation (Imported as .jpgs)
If you would like to include hand-drawn artwork that is fine, but you must scan the work in. Just means some extra work in the process.
I want you to use at least 3 different transitions to this project. This is against the best practice of consistency, but I want to get this out of the system. Use crazy effects, go nuts, as we won’t really really want to do that for real productions.
Save your Premiere file in your “week_4” folder on your iMac as normal. Export a completed movie as “firstDemo.mp4”. Do not upload this to your server space on the Cawd site. Just hold onto it for now. We are going to go over later this week how we will be able to share video / animated work.
12:00 Who is ready for a party with Mr. Irwin?
- Senghe is invited!
- Haven – you guessed it!
- Cameron….Leavitt, you made the list!
- Jordan! Yeah, you made it!
- Eric! Yeah buddy!
What is this magic?
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 4 Afternoon Exercise: Spaceship
Full specifics in the Monday Dayplan.
Students that have not yet created concept art please grab supplies and head to the other side of the room. Bring music if you like (and have earned it).