Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- It is nothing more than a seal slapping a kayaker in the face with an octopus.
- Study Group at 10:25 / Quiz after break.
- Brennen – you have PSAT signups today at 10AM in the conference room. This is roughly across from Student Services, where we took our photos. It should take 50 minutes.
- We are having a “Secure the halls” drill today around 1pm. This is where we put our computers to sleep, lock the doors, and sit in the center of the room and remain silent.
- We are not having any more dedicated class time to work on:
- 24 Hour Infographic
- Movie Mashup
- Roomba inspired Robot creation
- If unfinished, please finish up in time for 11AM grading on Monday.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Wacom Content / Tablet Setup
- Driver download and setup.
- Pen goes in strap from now on.
10:05 Morning Photoshop Content
- Setting up the tablet with pressure sensitivity
- Blending Modes for layers
- Inking and Painting
10:30 Morning Photoshop Inking and Painting Exercise: Link
This morning we are going to work on a Photoshop Inking and Painting exercise where we work with a former students 20% sketch of Link. This student went on to a career in Medical Illustration.
Take the following scan – rough and uncropped. Bring into Photoshop and using the tablet, and our new inking and painting skills, give color to the sketch. Color palette is up to you, go traditional, go wild and crazy – I care about the quality of the Photoshop.
We are going to work on this after the quiz as well; we should all be able to finish today without stress.
Save your file as “lastnameLink.jpg” and “lastnameLink.psd”.
The Raw Image to work off of:
Variations on the theme for inspiration
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 Week 5 Quiz
- Silent until noon
- Stay in your seats
- When complete move right into our post-quiz project
- Click here
11:20 Morning Photoshop Inking and Painting Exercise: Link
Work and save.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Friday Afternoon Google 20% Project
I am coming around for topics today at 12:50.
If working in 3D please give me 3 renders: “lastname20_1.jpg” through “lastname20_3.jpg at 1080p.
If working in Photoshop please give me “lastname20.jpg” and “lastname20.psd”.
If working in Illustrator please give me “lastname20.jpg” and “lastname20.ai”.
Etc – there are so many variations on this I can’t list them all. The key is you give me all the assets and save them with the “20” in the file name.