Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 5!
- Raj you have a meeting with Marina at 10:30 today in Student Services.
- Students that were not here for Friday, we are going to do a Illustrator Infographic Unit on Wednesday morning with Mr. Moore, and you will be creating an infographic based on a 24 hour cycle of your day. The rest of the class did pre-production for this on Friday (and is due today if you didn’t turn it in), and while you don’t have to do the pre-production assignment, you may want to at least think of the content and get some design ideas before Mr. Moore walks in.
- Friday we are going to setup our tablets and start using them – I have been fielding questions about them for a bit.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 5 | Flat Maze
This week we are going to be building our Robots for one of our first animation projects. We are also going to need some type of Maze for your Robot to get through. For Design Homework 5 I want you to generate some pre-production for a flat, maze based world / level / structure.
I want this to be flat – the Robot will explore and find the way out on a flat surface. No stairs, hills, etc.
This will be one of our first group projects, and your pre-production may be used by other groups. Make sure your art, labels, etc, are clear and concise.
Sign and Date, due 1 week from today.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- Check the Week 4 “What is due”. I am grading at 11.
- New Vocab is up – thanks to Jean Marie again for making the Quizlet.
- We are not going to have our Monday meetings today as we are going to have a fire drill at 10AM. This is our first drill of the year, so consider this a “soft opening”. Remember, we are going to:
- Walk out to the rally location
- Get there quick before I take attendance and hand it in. Don’t dilly dally.
- Then return promptly and get back to Site Maintenance.
- As we aren’t meeting, please check your gradebook and look to see if their are any comments on your Week 4 Worker Trait Grade:
- Some “A” students have a “D” this week due to tardies, missing dailies, messy stations, sketchbooks left out, and other transgressions. Your Worker Trait component is a reflection of what you do, so if you don’t like your grade, please improve this week! (Low grades early in the quarter are just as important to a semester average as grades late in a quarter, and can determine Honor Society, earning college credit next semester, etc).
- As we will be outside for at least 15 minutes, get any Bedroom renders rendering early so you are rendering while we are outside.
- Finally – please bring over your sketches with DH|4 … now. Pickup after English every Monday.
- I am grading as soon as Mr. Bisson arrives. Be ready.
- Finally x 2 – If you ever see something like this in your gradebook (85 / 300) it means that you got an 85, with a weight of 300, which is 3X. The display for you is (grade / weight).
10:35 Intro to Afternoon Exercise
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Premiere Content
- Getting our video content (TS3) from the public, putting it in the our Week 5 folders.
- Adding in some buttons to our interface that will make our life handy
- Creating Subclips – label your work and use bins!
- How can I get a Movie Trailer to use? YouTube, a clip converter, and Fair Use!
- My favorite…but has been getting more ornery about audio clips.
- There are a bunch more. Google “youtube to mp4”.
1:10 Monday through Thursday Video Editing Exercise: Movie Mashup
Today we are going to start a dedicated video editing project in Premier in which we are going to mash up two film franchises. We are going to take the video from Toy Story 3 (and limited audio) and the audio from another film. We will cut these together to create something new and different.
This was one of my favorite projects in college, and is throwing you in the deep end of video editing (which we started Friday morning). It is going to practice:
- Being creative, and connecting two pieces of work together. This is very easy to do badly.
- Organization and labeling.
- Creating sub clips
- Extensive Timeline organization and editing.
- Creating final .mp4 files, putting them on Google Drive, and then making sharing rights are correct before we submit to dailies.
For grading create a file called “lastnameToyStoryMashup.mp4” and place in a “week_05” folder in your shared Google Drive Folder. Animations and films are turned in through the shared Google Drive folder, as our web server is not optimized to stream video content.
1:45 Exporting from Premiere / Uploading for Dailies
Let’s all do this process together today and Tuesday so we can understand how to upload, and how to change sharing properties.