Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Quiz tomorrow! Can we set a new class record this year and get an extra 10 minutes of lunch? We did it last Friday, we can do it again. Are you doing your part?
- Students may stay today until 3pm – afternoons on Thursday can be for work, but also for guitar, Smash, drawing, chess, socialization, etc. Just can’t be a huge distraction to anyone that is working, but you can relax. This is after 2:05.
- Today is our final day of Movie Mashup Production – if you don’t finish today, please finish at break, Site Maintenance, etc.
- Brennen – you have PSAT signups Friday at 10AM in the conference room. This is roughly across from Student Services, where we took our photos. It should take 50 minutes.
Week 5 Cawd Study Group
Thursday and Friday mornings the group goes to Student Services (where we had our photos taken) to work with Mr. Irwin preparing for the Friday Quiz. You will make notecards with him today / tonight, and hand me these notecards at before you go to the study group tomorrow. This weeks 4:
- Ben D.
9:40 Attendance and Article (longer article, 1st half in AM / second half PM
9:45 Morning Blender Content
- Intro to Animation!
- Setting Key Frames / Manual Control vs. Auto Key
- Dope Sheet Interface
- Creating Previews as .mp4’s – assessing the animation specifically. Setting up specifics in the Render Tab.
- Uploading this work to the shared folder I have given you, and creating weekly folders:
- Static content (no motion) goes to the Web Server (www.cawdvt.org) through Cyberduck as always.
- Animated / film content (mp4’s) goes to the Shared Drive through your Google School Account.
10:25 Week 5 Cawd Study Group
Please head down quietly.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Short Animation and Article – Does society kill your creativity?
Ms. Charron shared with the entire school this article and animation (which just happens to be made in Blender) that speaks to what some feel is happening in education, where we suck the creativity out of you. (“We” != Cawd – we have all been in those “we” classes though, haven’t we).
An interesting perspective, a well done animation, and a good segue when introducing animation in Cawd.
11:15 Mid Morning Animation Exercise: Introductory Maze
In this first animation exercise, I want you to animate the “Robot” moving through the maze, and getting to the end. We are using my maze and my robot for this assignment. Next week we will animate YOUR robot and YOUR maze (and take textures / lighting into account). Today, just the animation, and please the file I supply to you.
The goal is that you are moving in a single vector at a time, and you can either move OR rotate – not both at the same time. Splitting up the transforms will give us a great deal of practice in setting and adjusting keyframes.
When complete create a Preview Render showing your completion of the course, and upload to the shared Google Drive folder as “lastnameMaze.mp4”.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article (longer article, 1st half in AM / second half PM) Stolen from Mr. Moore’s Dayplans…
12:45 Monday through Thursday Video Editing Exercise: Movie Mashup
Specifics in the Monday / Tuesday dayplan.
This is it! Get it done!