Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Art created with old spoons.
- Quiz tomorrow! Who is ready? Today and Friday we will have our Cawd Study Group with Mr. Irwin in Student Services from 10:25 – 10:45. This week the students in the Study Group are:
- I believe there is a student council meeting today at 11:45 Harold and Jimmy?
- We will be having a topic draft for today’s words, and for tomorrow’s Pokemon project. Go through your cards or games tonight and get some obscure Pokemon’s if you have a later round pick.
- Tomorrow we will be working on our BTV Flag Redesign. Bring your sketchbooks!
9:40 Attendance and Article (nice selection of infographics)
9:45 Thursday / Friday Animation Exercise: Literal Visualization.
Today and Friday morning we are going to be working on an animation project where we will visualize a text animation by using the action of the word itself.
For example the word “Bounce” would bounce.
The world “Slide” would slide.
The word “Splat” would splat.
You are going to do two words in this animation project, one today, and one tomorrow. (Students that are going to college tomorrow will only have 1 word).
As Mr. Cronin doesn’t want to see the same “Side” animation over and over, we are going to have a draft for words. Remember that you must animate based on the word itself. Once a student picks that word, it is off the board for the rest of the class.
Draft Order – powered by random.org/lists/
- Maya Provost (Only need 1 word due to college)
- Isaac Bradford-Feldman
- McKayla Wytewa
- Jean-Marie Hatungimana
- Mariah Lavallee
- Nathan Preston
- Judah Avery
- Cameron Leavitt
- Eli Kline
- Colton Lambert
- Eric Laterreur
- Jordan Dubois
- Tristen Bernier
- Harold Wood (Only need 1 word due to college)
- Evan Soulia
- Cameron Shepherd
- Senghe Dhondup
- Harper Meli
- Nolan Moore
- Eric Thompson
- Katie Miles
- Jimmy Jiang
- Maliki LaForce
- CJ Brooker
- Donovan Garcia-Buckler (Only need 1 word due to college)
- Haven Funkhouser
Round 2 (Reverse of round 1. This is called a snake draft) .
Once you have your two words I recommend the following workflow:
- Model / Texture / Light for your first word
- How many cameras do you need?
- Render out the image sequences from Maya at 720p
- Bring into Premiere and edit your footage.
Repeat for the second word, and place both in the same Premiere project / same animation. Export your file as a single .mp4 file.
Call your file “literalVisualizationCronin.mp4” and place in your “week_5” folder.
An example I created with the word “splat”.
10:25 Cawd Study Group to Mr. Irwin
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Unreal Engine Introduction
- Logging in / getting in
- Create panels
- Content Browser
- Scene Outliner
- Game types
- Blueprint visual scripting
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Tuesday through Friday Afternoon Animation Exercise
Afternoons in Week 5 are going to be spent working on Squash and Stretch, the first of the 12 Principles of Animation we learned about last week.
You are going to create 6 short animations that demonstrate this principle. You will create them in separate Animate Files, export as image sequences, and then put together in Premiere, just as a professional would in industry.
If you are unclear, review the intro we covered Friday:
Specifics in the Tuesday / Wednesday dayplans.