Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- You want to turn me off or on? You have to earn it.
- Tumultuous Tuesday Schedule is in effect.
- Early lunch
- Silent Site Maintenance / Check to see if you are up to date, or are you staying after school for Homework Club Wednesday.
- Students have chosen the following (so far) for our afternoon Movie Mashup Project. Toy Story 3 with…:
- Dark Knight Rises
- Avengers Infinity War
- Lord of the Ring
- Baby Driver
- Dark KNight
- Jurassic World: Lost Kingdom
- Aliens (the “s) makes a difference
- The Flex Tape Commercial
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Intro / Review of Video Editing with Premiere
- Updating Backup and Sync so it … syncs for our new folders.
- What do we use Premiere for?
- Audio vs. Video
- Razor Blade
- Effect Controls
- Turning in the work to the shared folder.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 Tuesday / Wednesday Morning Blender Content: Roomba-esq Robot Creation
Today and tomorrow you are going to create your Roomba inspired self-propelled robot. We are going to use this as our medium for one of our first animation projects.
- Ground based. No flying, no rockets, no teleportation abilities.
- We don’t see the wheels / tracks. They are “under” the device. You can show a bit of geometry underneath, but it will not move. Whatever you have to create for that illusion to take place.
- You could actually just create the Roomba above…but you don’t have to. Any type of small, self propelled robot is fine.
Don’t worry about the Robot being a single object today or tomorrow, just create it. We start animating with it on Thursday.
We will get today to work on this, and from 11:00-11:30 ish tomorrow. We are having a late English start tomorrow because…
Governor Phil Scott is going to be visiting Cawd with his full cabinet. Tomorrow during his tour I may ask for you to demonstrate your Robot with an attractive render (materials / depth of field) etc. Be ready!
Shower, brush your teeth, put on clean clothes, and come in with a smile as you are meeting some heavyweights and may be on the news.
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance and Article
12:25 Silent Site Maintenance
- Check your Gradbook to see if you are missing anything! Look for projects with the Yellow Rounded Square. Students missing any work are after school for Homework Club on tomorrow.
- When done, work on other Cawd work silently.
12:45 Premiere Content
- Getting our video content (TS3) from the public, putting it in the our Week 5 folders.
- Adding in some buttons to our interface that will make our life handy
- Creating Subclips – label your work and use bins!
- How can I get a Movie Trailer to use? YouTube, a clip converter, and Fair Use!
- My favorite…but has been getting more ornery about audio clips.
- There are a bunch more. Google “youtube to mp4”.
1:10 Monday through Thursday Video Editing Exercise: Movie Mashup
Today we are going to start a dedicated video editing project in Premier in which we are going to mash up two film franchises. We are going to take the video from Toy Story 3 (and limited audio) and the audio from another film. We will cut these together to create something new and different.
This was one of my favorite projects in college, and is throwing you in the deep end of video editing (which we started Friday morning). It is going to practice:
- Being creative, and connecting two pieces of work together. This is very easy to do badly.
- Organization and labeling.
- Creating sub clips
- Extensive Timeline organization and editing.
- Creating final .mp4 files, putting them on Google Drive, and then making sharing rights are correct before we submit to dailies.
For grading create a file called “lastnameToyStoryMashup.mp4” and place in a “week_05” folder in your shared Google Drive Folder. Animations and films are turned in through the shared Google Drive folder, as our web server is not optimized to stream video content.
1:45 Exporting from Premiere / Uploading for Dailies
Let’s all do this process together today and Tuesday so we can understand how to upload, and how to change sharing properties.