Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Quizzes on Friday morning. 15% of your grade are the quizzes, typically 9 new, 1 review, and 1 extra credit question from our articles.
This years Sat / Act prep work comes from “100 Most Common SAT Words” by Quizlet. As we are using their list to pull from you are able to use their free study tools. Make a free account so you add the new words to your Study Bank. As the weeks go by and you are studying from this ever growing word bank, you will find that your vocabulary (speaking and retention) has improved.
Let’s make you smarter, and get another 500 points on some of this standardized testing which right or wrong impacts your educational path.
Sat / Act prep
- Antagonist – opponent. “The antagonist in Star Wars was Darth Vader”.
- Arid – extremely dry. “The Sahara desert is vast and arid”.
- Assiduous – hard-working. “She was assiduous in studying every night for the quiz”.
- Infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge.
- Concept art is a form of illustration used to convey an idea for use in films, video games, animation, comic books, or other media before it is put into the final product.
- Assets are smaller components which often go into a larger production. These could be paints, sketches, interviews, etc.
- Digital Assets are digital components such as sound effects, 3D models, textures, etc.
- Demo Reel, or Show Reel, is a video or audio presentation designed to showcase your talents to a potential employer. The idea is that the employer can see what you are capable of based on the examples you have supplied.
- Backup and Sync is an example of Cloud Storage. Your files are stored remotely on the internet.
- Bins are the equivalent of folders to organize digital assets.
- The timeline is where you will build your movie with multiple audio and video tracks.
- Transitions are changes between clips. Often there is no transition – this is called a direct cut. Sometimes the transition is extreme such as a Star Wipe, Barn Doors, etc. You never want to have the transitions take away from the main intent of the project. For example if doing a memorial video to be shown at a funeral (something somber, serious), the star wipe transition would be a horrible, horrible choice.
- An image sequence is a series of individual images which are numbered. Animation tools export image sequences, and video editing tools import them, combining the individual images into an animated clip.
- UV mapping is the 3D modeling process of projecting a 2D image to a 3D model’s surface for texture mapping.
- Different UV Mapping types can be applied to different shapes in order to get the best look, and texture control. Cylindrical Mapping is best suited for shapes such as cans – cylinders. Planner Mapping is best suited for flat surfaces where the texture has to face a single direction.
- We use our UV Manipulators to manually adjust how the texture appears on an object.
- The Graph Editor in Maya is an animation editor which allows animators to control exactly how an animation behaves.