Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- In the spirit of Archery Hunting Season starting tomorrow, I really hope the deer don’t do this to me.
- Interesting phases of development – and the finger pointing that can take place.
- Quiz today! Who wants a longer lunch – all we have to do is beat our record from last week which was a 93.
9:40 Attendance and Video
9:45 Friday Morning Ink and Painting Exercise: DH | 6
Today we are going to scan in DH | 6 and Ink and Paint in Photoshop with our tablets.
First we will scan our imagery in. Bounce the files off the Public Drive for you to access.
When you open the file in Photoshop this is the rough workflow I would advise:
- Crop out any extra marks or paper from the scan you don’t want.
- Name and lock the background layer.
- Paint using different layers, and adjust using Blending Modes to get the desired combination of pencil lead, as well as your colors from Photoshop.
- Ink on a top layer, adjust using Blending Modes and opacities as needed for the look and feel you are looking for.
- Save the .psd and the .jpg.
When complete save your file as “lastnameDH6.jpg” and “lastnameDH6.psd” and upload to the “week_06” folder on the Web Server.
If you didn’t bring your sketchbook and a complete DH | 6…
Use the following sketch, and keep the same file name (even though for you it won’t be DH | 6 – I realize do this.)
10:25 Cawd Study Group
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 Week 5 Quiz
- Silent until noon
- Stay in your seats
- When complete move right into our post-quiz project
- Click here
11:30 Friday Morning Ink and Painting Exercise: DH | 6
Work and save. You should have enough time to get this complete and uploaded by lunch, depending on your Sketch.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Friday Afternoon Google 20% Project
I am coming around for topics today at 12:50.
If working in 3D please give me 3 renders: “lastname20_1.jpg” through “lastname20_3.jpg” at 1080p.
If working in Photoshop please give me “lastname20.jpg” and “lastname20.psd”.
If working in Illustrator please give me “lastname20.jpg” and “lastname20.ai”.
Etc – there are so many variations on this I can’t list them all. The key is you give me all the assets and save them with the “20” in the file name.
Have you been assigned anything in another class that requires a poster, presentation, or anything else you can use your Cawd skills for? This is how you can earn Extra Credit in Cawd!