Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Friday! Deer hunting season starts tomorrow. Baseball playoffs are happening now! College basketball is soon. Fantasy Football is in full swing. Too many inputs for my life! I need a weekend.
- Don’t forget that the Design Homework 6 is photography based. It is due Monday when we arrive in class.
- A little class management we have to talk about after yesterday:
- It became a little too loud in class yesterday, especially in the afternoon. You will see it reflected in your grades, and we will talk about it specifically on Monday during our meetings, but please make an effort to keep conversations inaudible from 10+ feet away.
- Please don’t add in random visuals in your dailies – especially if your daily isn’t as good as it could have been. Spend time making your designs better than going for the Bill Cosby Joke. Do it for him.
- Thanks to so many students that already have their “Gold Pickup Object” graded in Unreal. Remember that you have until Wednesday at 3pm to show me your rotating pickup, which goes away when you collect it, in Unreal.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Photoshop Content
- Clone Stamp
- Spot Healing Brush
- Clipping Masks
- We will see…
10:25 Thursday / Friday Cawd Study Group
Please remember you must turn in your notes (the vocab, copied, on paper or notecards) when you return from break.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Friday Morning Quiz
- Notes / Music Away
- Single Browser Tab
- Silent / Stay in Seats
- Click here.
11:30 Wednesday / Friday Storyboard Exercise: The Button!
I showed you this animation on Monday of the Button which never got pushed. I want you to 2 sheets of storyboard paper and fill out 8 cells of an animation where:
- We have a juxtaposition between a character and a button.
- The button never gets pushed.
- I want you to incorporate both Anticipation and Staging in your design. In short prepare the audience for what is to happen (anticipation), and direct the audience to what is the most important in the scene (stating).
I need this turned in today by lunch. Nobody goes to lunch today until I have ALL of them. I frankly have to be able to go over your work this weekend to assign groups for next week.
This project will go into production in teams of 2. If your work is selected, you get an automatic A, and you are the Creative Director for a Week 7 Animation Project called “The Button”.
Sometimes I have to adjust deadlines as I use our work to power more of our work. Waiting until next Wednesday would simply delay our progress. TODAY AT LUNCH.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Friday Afternoon Google Inspired 20% Project
I am coming around for topics today at 1:00.
All work goes into a “20” folder inside “week_6”.