Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 6!
- Shark biting a boat engine.
- This isn’t Photoshop – someone in power decided this was the best plan.
- Give him credit – this must have taken a long time to do. As we are editing video clips, I don’t know this would be automated easily.
- This Thursday after school there is a Vermont Department of Education meeting in this room, so we are locking up at 2:05 Thursday.
- The CTE Student Council is starting up, with the first full meeting this Thursday October 4th at 12:00 noon. Pizza and cider are provided. We are going to send two reps from Cawd – our Class President, and our Vice President. We are going to offer these two positions first to the class, and if there is more than 1 student interested per position we will have 1 minute speeches and then an in class election on Wednesday morning. It looks great on college applications, and is also a way to get engaged with the school, fundraisers, and frankly get free lunch every couple of weeks. All we ask is that you take it seriously. Let’s fill out this form first so I can gauge interest.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 6 | Free Sketch with Shading
Last Friday we introduced our tablets, and are working on Inking and Painting a sketch of Link.
DH|6 this week will be a a free sketch which we will paint on Friday morning around our quiz. The sketch itself is up to you, it can be anything so long as your realize that we will be using it on Friday to paint over in Photoshop Friday morning. If you don’t bring in your sketchbook Friday morning you will be colorizing this image, just to have something:
The goal is we all bring our sketchbooks in Friday with DH6 complete. We scan our work, and digitally paint over using Photoshop and our Tablets on Friday.
Friday morning college kids will do DH|6 as a sketch, and not do the digital portion of the assignment (unless you want to do it for your Friday’s 20% Project).
Sign and date, due 1 week from today – but bring in on Friday so we can scan and paint your OWN sketch.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- Vocab is published – quiz on Friday. Last week our average jumped up to a 93 – we beat this, we get 10 minutes longer lunch on Friday.
- Make sure all Week 5 work is turned in by 11AM today.
- Get any missing work in – my goal is zero people are required to stay after school on Wednesday for the Cawd Homework Club.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday / Tuesday Modeling Exercise: Lightsaber
Today and Tuesday afternoons we are going to work on a Lightsaber themed project which will help us continue to model inorganic objects, and continue realistic material application, and “realistic” post processing through the Compositer.
The design of your lightsaber is up to you, but there are the following requirements specific to your three renders:
Render up close with lightsaber off. We want to see the detail you have added to your base/handle itself.
Render with the lightsaber on, with energy blade extended. We want to see emissive materials, as well as post processing with the Compositer. Not only should it emit light, it should look like it glows.
Save your three render as “lastnameSaber_1.jpg” through “lastnameSaber_3.jpg”.