Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Happy Birthday, Haven!
- Doors locked today from 8-9:30 – have somewhere to be.
- Quiz tomorrow!
- Bad Design.
- That is how you handle stupidity.
- Thursday / Friday Cawd Study Group
- + 1 Mr. Irwin requested adjustment…
- Remember that I MUST have the 8 cells (2 fulls sheets) of our Wednesday / Friday “The Button” storyboard for an upcoming team animation by Friday at lunch. If you have to work overnight to get it done by Friday at 12:10, please do so. Cawd only goes to lunch on Friday when I have ALL of the Storyboards.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Maya Content
- Asset Modeling
- UV Resetting
- Exporting FBX’s files through the Game Exporter
10:15 Unreal Content
- Importing Assets
- Materials / Gold
- Basic Asset / Pickup behaviors
10:25 Cawd Study Group
Mr. Irwin would like students working in the Study Group to write out the vocab on paper / note cards to help with memorization. You will then turn in these notes me as a component of this weeks Worker Trait Grade. Mr. Irwin has the supplies.
You MUST turn these notes into me right after break on Friday. The expectation is you do it Thursday / overnight Thursday.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Maya / Unreal Project: Gold Pickup for Medieval Video Game
In this middle section of the day you are going to be doing a similar workflow to what we just did as a class, but you will apply the knowledge independently.
You must model a pickup to be used in a Medieval vide game. It must be a singular object, and it must be gold (applied through Unreal). It could be anything but a coin!
- Statue of a Norse God?
- Goldbrick (kinda whack / basic) unless your modeling is high qual.
- Model a pickup in Maya which will be gold. What do you want? Remember that it will be rotating.
- Setup UV’s
- Export FBX
- Import to Unreal Engine
- Apply Gold Material
- Setup Behaviours
When complete demonstrate this me on your machine. That is how you are graded.
It doesn’t have to be today, but it DOES have to be presented to me by next Wednesday at 3pm.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday through Thursday Maya Animation Exercise: Ball Bouncing. Stylized Kickball vs. Bowling ball.
Specifics in the Tuesday Dayplan.
Two camera shots! Remember the Camera Sequencer!