Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Wolf Cloud.
- Looks delicious.
- Cawd needs one of these.
- So many questions. Is she happy, or terrified? Is the clown making her happy, or the cause of her fright?
- Thanks to the kids that turned in their work and earned their freedom Wednesday afternoon – everyone else, please do the same today! I have zero interest in keeping kids after school to work on late work. Zero.
- Today is another tumultuous Tuesday. Schedules adjusted accordingly.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Final Presentation of Trailer Mashups
Today we will watch the match up trailers you made last week. Remember the video comes from Toy Story 3, and the audio comes from another franchise.
10:30 Student Council Election Info Session
- Speeches / Elections will be first thing tomorrow morning.
- First Student Council meeting will be this Thursday, October 4th.
- What positions are being contested?
- What should be in your 60 second speech:
- Name / Where are you from.
- Why do you want to be part of CTE’s Student Council?
- Are you going to take this seriously and work to improve student life at school?
- What should not be in your 60 second speech:
- Martial Art abilities.
- “Uhhh, giggle, you know what I mean….uhh”.
- Bribes – nobody ever pays up on these bribes. We have had “I’ll bring in cupcakes” to “I will wear a tuxedo to every Student Council meeting”. Nobody ever pays up.
Running for President
- Ben Buscher
Running for Vice President
If you have had a change of heart and want to run, tell me … now.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 Blender Content
- Parenting Objects for Animation
- FPS. Matching up what we do in Blender with Premiere and Youtube
- Faking a multi-camera setup for rendering
- Rendering Animations compared to Previews
- Setting up computers to render overnight / while you leave for the day
- Placing work in the correct folders for grading and presentations
11:30 Tuesday / Wednesday Blender Animation Exercise: Maze and Robot
Today and Wednesday morning you are going to create an animation using your max and your robot.
First, take your preproduction for DH|5 “Flat Maze”, and use it to build the environment for your animation.
Next, take your Roomba inspired robot, and animate the robot getting through the maze from start to finish. Parent before you animate anything. We want at least 3 different camera angles rendered in your project. Fake a multi-cam using the steps we covered this morning.
The final edit must go through Premiere and have some environment / background sounds at a minimum.
Export your final animation as “lastnameRobotMaze.mp4” at 1080p, and it goes in your “week_06” folder of the folder I shared with you. Everything 1080, from renders out of Blender, through Premiere. I want to specifically to render this project out so not only can we see the differences between this and a preview animation in terms of time it takes to create it, but you can also see the visual differences.
I am going to expect a minimum of 10 seconds for this animation.
12:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance and Article
12:25 Silent Site Maintenance / Missing Work Check
- Check to see if you are missing any work / after school for tomorrows Cawd Homework Club.
- Work on anything Cawd related / Design Homework / College Homework / Study for Quiz.
- 12:30 / 12:40 Departures.
12:45 Monday / Tuesday Modeling Exercise: Lightsaber
Today we are continuing to work on a Lightsaber themed project which will help us continue to model inorganic objects, and continue realistic material application, and “realistic” post processing through the Compositer.
The design of your lightsaber is up to you, but there are the following requirements specific to your three renders:
Render up close with lightsaber off. We want to see the detail you have added to your base/handle itself.
Render with the lightsaber on, with energy blade extended. We want to see emissive materials, as well as post processing with the Compositer. Not only should it emit light, it should look like it glows.
Save your three render as “lastnameSaber_1.jpg” through “lastnameSaber_3.jpg”.