Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 7.
- We may have an interesting Wednesday with PSAT’s and other county wide testing.
- Big ups to Liam Swan for working with our first client of the year and creating the new logo for EHS Nordic. Already on their Twitter, and you will start seeing the logo on uniforms and other branding soon, it has been ordered. Nice job Liam!
- Ben, Daniel, Bryce and Michael – do we have a party for you! The party is localized tomorrow at 11am in Student Services. It will be catered by CVU. There is no food. It is all about graduation in June. Yes you have to go. PARTY!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Student Council Update from Ben and Daniel
- Spirit Week Update (Costumes! We started here, and are now here. All Friends of Cawd should plan to show up at 10:30 Halloween Day for our 2018 Photo! Not randos, but if you have a homie in costume.) No randos.
- T-shirt Assembly
- Ben and Daniel you have a meeting today at 12:00 in M116. Bring lunch with you.
9:50 DH | 7 & 8: Inktober
Inktober is a month long art challenge created by artist Jake Parker that is focused on improving skill and developing positive drawing habits. Every day for the month of October anyone participating in the Inktober challenge creates an ink drawing and posts it online. – Inktober.com
While we aren’t going to do the 31 sketches in 31 days challenge, I want to take part in our own way. Design Homework’s over the next 2 weeks are going to be Inktober prompts, using INK. Easiest way to get a “D” on this is give me art created by pencil, charcoal, acrylic, blood, etc.
DH | 7 – Class choice / Constrained Topic
Look over the 2018 prompts – which would you want to sketch. When you know what you want to sketch, vote through dailies.
This week we will due an Inktober sketch where the topic is given to us, similar to our industries of the practical arts. Let’s all vote now.
(Not this week) DH | 8 – Individual Student Choice
Next week you can choose from any topic on the prompt. Next week you can sketch whatever you wish, similar to the fine arts.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- The new vocab is posted.
- Check the Week 6 “What is due” – grading at 11 this morning.
- Turn in late work so you are not required for Homework Club on Wednesday afternoon.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Blender Content
- Working from reference images to recreate a logo with 3 common methods:
- Changing World Color
- Off of primitive shape
- Using curves
- Using cutting objects
1:10 Monday Afternoon Logo Animation Exercise: Wikimedia Foundation
Afternoons this week are going to be focused around logo animations. Each day we will have a new brand to work with.
Your grade is derived by how close you are to recreating the original animation.
Monday and Tuesday afternoons we will:
- Learn the brand we are working with.
- See the animation you have to replicate. You will only get to see the animation for 5 minutes – you need to storyboard the animation for reference later this afternoon. Listen as well to the sound effects used, you must try to replicate it as accurately as you can.
- Model / Texture / Light / Animate. Use the storyboard you created as a guide to recreate the animation as accurately as possible.
- Render final animation.
- Add sounds.
- Export / Upload / Turn in.
Save your file as “lastnameWiki.mp4” and place in the “week_07” folder in your Shared Directory.