Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Hello and Welcome to Week 7!
- Great job on last weeks quiz! That quiz (with a class average of 90+) would have earned us a Game Day (if it was a Game Day determining quiz.) I have had students ask to be put on this weeks Study Guide group Thursday / Friday, and I will do be best, but some others haven’t had a chance to work with Mr. Irwin yet. So … maybe. Study!
- Student Council on Thursday.
- CTE “T-shirt” assembly tomorrow 10-11.
- We will all walk down tomorrow after our article.
- We all sit together in the auditorium, not in the back wings.
- We will be a good audience.
- 15 minute break from when we are dismissed, clock in the upper right of the auditorium.
- PSAT’s on Wednesday!
- Anyone looking for Dungeons and Dragons games? I don’t know if 90 minutes is enough for a game, but I don’t know.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 6 Uploads (or by 10:45)
Everyone take 5 minutes and upload your 10 photos to a “dh” folder inside Week 6. I am going to grade this during English today.
9:50 Design Homework 7 | Character Design
This project will snag a bit of content from what Cawd2 is doing right now. Cawd2 is doing character design for an upcoming collaborative video game they are producing. I want you to create a character for an upcoming game, story, or animation.
We are going to use these Carson Comic and Manga Trading Cards.
You are going to design your character with color. It is safe to say that what you create will be pre-production for an upcoming assignment. It is also safe to say you will not be designing your own character in the next phase of this project.
Tape your character’s plastic sleeve into the next page of your sketchbook, and place your card inside when you are complete. Under/around the card come up with a paragraph of backstory. Some attributes. Some characteristics. Whatever would be important to the character in their medium.
You will find our Sketchbooks will be filled with “different” types of designs. We have standard sketches. We have taped in infographics. We will have character cards. What could be next? I want to make this year’s design homeworks more than “just a sketchbook”. Suggestions and creative ideas welcome!
Due a week from today. The plastic card cover is taped in, but leave the top open so we can get the card out. Write out text around the card.
Tape in the card so it doesn’t fall out, but don’t tape it in as an item which will never come out. I will be asking that you disconnect your art and turn in the card / sleeve next Monday.
Make sure your name is legible on the card.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Cawd Content
- We are going to use the Public Drive on the Cawd3 server to transfer files.
- User: student
- Password: cawd2017
- Creating text in Premiere over animated content.
- Do this when giving credit do your work for dailies.
- Creating a symbol after the artwork has been created (merging layers)
- Creating a symbol initially when doing artwork (retaining layers)
- Being Creative Director
- Creator AND Manager
- Working under a Creative Director
- Worker bee
- Defer final creative and technical decisions to the Creative Director
- Do whatever she/he assigns
1:00 Monday through Thursday Afternoon Collaborative Animation: “The Button”
(Groups and task come out at 1:00. I don’t want certain team members getting a head start during Site Maintenance without an appropriate introduction and off computer work time.)
Dailies for this week must be collaborative (and hopefully animated). One partner will be in charge of combining a group’s animated work into a single .mp4 for dailies.
Label with text over the designers work. Only dailies with the (labeled) work of both partners will get credit.
How will Wednesday afternoon impact your group? If you may not be here Wednesday, make sure you both are on the same page so who is in class can make progress. “My partner isn’t here, I can’t do anything.” type statements will feel the wrath of an angry, middle-aged, pudgy man. Here is how this looks (Josh was beating me pretty badly in Madden).
You don’t want to get this look.