Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Quizzes on Friday morning. 15% of your grade are the quizzes, typically 9 new, 1 review, and 1 extra credit question from our articles.
This years Sat / Act prep work comes from “100 Most Common SAT Words” by Quizlet. As we are using their list to pull from you are able to use their free study tools. Make a free account so you add the new words to your Study Bank. As the weeks go by and you are studying from this ever growing word bank, you will find that your vocabulary (speaking and retention) has improved.
The weekly latin root comes from “42 Most Common Latin Roots”.
Sat / Act prep
- Asylum – sanctuary. “The Russian Journalists sought Political Asylum in the United States, fearing persecution at home”.
- Benevolent – friendly, helpful. “A benevolent Mr. Moore helped the students with their Illustrator work last Wednesday in class”.
- Camaraderie – trust among friends. “There was a great spirit of camaraderie when the Cawd students when to the national design competitions last June.”
Latin Root of the week
bi – two. “The bicycle had two wheels, and the biplane had two wings.”
- Ben Buscher is our Cawd Class President.
- Daniel LeBlanc is our Vice President.
- Sound design is the art and practice of creating soundtracks for a variety of needs. It involves specifying, acquiring or creating auditory elements using audio production techniques and tools.
- Parenting objects in Blender will create relationships between two or more objects. Just as a child should follow a parent while at the zoo, a child object will follow a parent object during animation. Setting up child/parent relationships is used extensively in animation, and we used it on our Robots to ensure all the panels, wires, and wheels moved with the body of the robot.
- FPS stands for Frames Per Second:
- Default Blender is 24 FPS – which is the standard for film.
- We are going to use 30 FPS, which is the standard for North American Broadcast (NTSC).
- Interpolation in animation is the process of calculating the data between keyframes. It determines how Blender (or any 3D software) will animate from one keyframe to the next.
- By changing the Blender Key Interpolation setting to “Constant”, the animation jumps from keyframe to keyframe without any animation in between.
- The default Blender Key Interpolation setting is “Bezier” which gives us nice smooth animation between keyframes.
- When Rendering Out Animations in Blender with full materials/lights/effects remember this rough workflow for Cawd work:
- Ensure render size is correct and set to 100% for a full render.
- Ensure frame rate is 30fps (for now).
- Set your output to the directory you wish Blender to render to – where is the file going?
- Change Blender from rendering still frame images to videos, and choose the correct preset of H.264 in Mp4.
- Press “Animation” to actually start the process.
- MP4 is a digital multimedia container format most commonly used to store video and audio, but it can also be used to store other data such as subtitles and still images, and allows streaming over the Internet.
- Letters of a word created in Blender can be separated to individual objects by using “Separate” and choosing “By Loose Parts“.
- A storyboard is a graphic organizer in the form of illustrations or images displayed in sequence for the purpose of pre-visualizing a motion picture, animation, motion graphic or interactive media sequence.
- When we want to present animations in Blender we have two main ways, each with their pro’s and cons:
- Preview Animations
- Pro – Very quick, lets us see how an animation “animates” and gauge if the motion looks good. Great way to assess your animations while in the test / production phase.
- Con – Very low detail, doesn’t let us see how the materials and lighting will truly look in final renders. Not a final product.
- Rendered Animations
- Pro – Full featured with accurate lights, materials, camera angles, etc. Final products are fully rendered.
- Con – Will take much longer to produce. Not something you want to do while in the testing / production phase of a project.
- Preview Animations