Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to a short Week 8! You have a 4 day weekend! Wednesday is our last day of the week.
- No quiz this week, as we don’t have Friday.
- College is happening Friday.
- Grading at soon as we return from the Assembly. Upload now.
- Please give me sketchbooks NOW!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Krispy Kreme Fundraiser
- $10 a dozen.
- Money turned in by the 29th of October.
- Delivered at school on Wednesday November 5th.
- Half the profits go to CTE Scholarship Fund – that is great.
- Half the profits go to Cawd and we are going to use to buy us:
- Ask family, brothers, friends, teachers, enemies, etc. Collect the money and bring in to me to hold it and then I will turn it in.
- You. You want donuts as well. Remember this.
I have already started collecting from students – please buy donuts if you like donuts and video games!
9:50 Design Homework 8: Inktober part 2
Inktober is a month long art challenge created by artist Jake Parker that is focused on improving skill and developing positive drawing habits. Every day for the month of October anyone participating in the Inktober challenge creates an ink drawing and posts it online. – Inktober.com
DH | 8 will be Individual Student Choice
Look at the 2018 Prompts. Pick (don’t pick Chicken obviously) anything from the 2018 list.
All I do ask is at the bottom center of your sketch you create title plate part of a frame with the word of your prompt displayed. This is not to be hidden, this is to be part of your overall presentation of the sketch.
9:55 Assembly Instructions
- Sit together. We will follow Ben and Daniel down as they are our elected representatives to Student Council.
- Please limit the devices. Send a text to your girlfriend/boyfriend/bestfriend during the assembly (quick), sure, do it. Setup your phone to watch the latest 15 minute cringe video? No.
- Limit conversations / limit volume of the conversations.
- Remember they have gifts and give aways if you pay attention. I believe last year we won:
- A real hard hat
- A toolbox
- Inside the toolbox was filled with baked goods.
- All because kids listened and could answer questions.
- It goes to 11 – there is a clock in the top right of the auditorium with a light point at it. You get 15 minutes of break from when we are released. Look at the clock to the top right of the auditorium and sync to your cell.
11:00? Break (15 Minutes)
11:15 Abridged English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article (Cawd2 has their drone…we need this)
12:45 Week 8 First Character Creation: Andy
Today and Tuesday afternoons we are going to create Andy the Android. Those that create Andy today will work on creating a partner robot for Andy tomorrow for some cooperative / adversarial animations.
Andy is going to be one of our Muse’s for getting into character Animation.
This afternoon will be a nice step by step that goes through the process of reference imagery, adjusting primitives, adjusting pivot points, as well as creating parented relationships. The goal is by EOD today we all have a linked character ready to animate.
Simply save your file now as “lastnameAndy.blend” inside your “week_08” folder when complete.