Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Would anyone like to stay after school for the Cawd Homework Club? Remember that if you are missing any work it is your responsibility to stay after school.
- Bring in DH | 8 with your choice from the 2018 list when we arrive on Monday.
- Enjoy the long weekend! I have to come in tomorrow for meetings…
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Krispy Kreme Fundraiser
- $10 a dozen.
- Money turned in by the 29th of October. I took another order this morning from some ehs randos. I also spoke with the parent of a student who as already sold 6 dozen. Collect money, send them to me, I don’t care, I just want to make the most of this fundraiser!
- Delivered at school on Wednesday November 5th.
- Half the profits go to CTE Scholarship Fund – that is great.
- Half the profits go to Cawd and we are going to use to buy us:
- Ask family, brothers, friends, teachers, enemies, etc. Collect the money and bring in to me to hold it and then I will turn it in.
- You. You want donuts as well. Remember this.
- To make it interesting, whoever sells the top 3 amounts of donuts (and brings in the money, you know) can choose their 2nd quarter seat.
9:50 Wednesday Google 20% Focus
Today I have decided to do a Google inspired 20% Project for morning and afternoons sessions. I am doing this for 2 main reasons.
First, some kids like Raj, Levi, Isaiah, DeLu, Jean-Marie are never here in the afternoons and don’t ever get to do self directed creative work. I wanted to honor their schedules.
Second, I know a number of you are applying early decision for colleges (Michael, Ben, others?). You may use this time for “getting into college” production, so long as you can document and “turn in” what you have done. Specifically thinking about Michael, you can spend the day working on your board game. Ben you (and Jimmy?) can take your sketchbooks and explore the school / go outside to work on some still life observational drawings.
Michael something to check out is the “Tesa Collective” which makes games in the spirit of social justice and other themes different from FPS and Smash. Maybe spinning through the games offer may produce and “ah-ha” moment of inspiration for a game which is different and will impress Champlain. Just don’t take their ideas!
Some you could really use this time to work on college prep – use it wisely. Some of you want to draw an octopus. That is ok as well…so long as you have the whole “college admissions” process handled.
I am coming around today at 9:50 and I want to know your morning topic.
All work from this morning project goes into a “morning20” folder on the Web Server (if static) or the shared drive (if animated). All assets from this morning session go in the “morning20” folder inside of “week_08”.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Wednesday Google 20% Focus
I am coming around today at 12:50 and I want to know your afternoon topic. If it is the exact same as your morning project you can just keep putting assets in the “20morning” folder and that is fine. If you are going to do something different for the afternoon you will place this in a “20afternoon” folder.
**Keep in mind that if you just “continue” your morning project, it is going to have to look like 70 more minutes of creative work went into it.
As always, animated content goes to the Shared Folder through Google Drive, and static content will go to the Web Server.