Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Quiz today!
- A great example of Industrial Design. There are many different career paths for innovative, creative, technical artists as well as the fine arts.
- Weird, but interesting?
- A cross-ocean cable laying ship.
- As many of us could not stay for Homework Club due to transportation, we are going to use our post-quiz time today for a “Homework Club” / Site Maintenance session. No sketch, silently work in missing work. If up to date, work on current assignments.
Halloween is Tuesday!
- CTE has a Costume Contest with some prizes (Amazing prizes? No. But prizes.)
- Can we set a record with the most number of costumes for our Cawd Photo? Do I count 32 costumes in the photo above? Which is Mr. Moore?
- Next Tuesday. Be ready.
- And for something different, anyone former Cawd kids that want to jump in, friends of Cawd are welcome. I just like the crazy randomness of the season.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Andy Animation Content: Free Animation
Now that we have the basics of Andy under our belt, I want to you have some time to tinker and explore, which often makes the greatest connection in learning.
Starting with Andy from yesterday you can do anything you want so long as we are working with character animation. You may create a scene. You may create a second Andy, or Andra, or Andrew, or Carl. You are the designer, practice, and impress.
You will turn in a playblast as a .mp4. This means you will save the .mov, put it through Premiere, and make it a .mp4.
No sound. No text. Whatever action / message / meaning you are pushing in your animation must come from the animation.
Don’t forget you can animate camera angles for effect.
You may use any other elements you have created from previous projects. Andy running to your spaceship and taking off? Andy in your bedroom? Andy walking guarding your castle? Anything.
Export and upload to your “week_9” shared folder as “andyExperimentingCronin.mp4”. Remember, this is a playblast.
- No rendering.
- No text.
- No sounds.
I am grading your animation.
10:25 Cawd Study Group
Hand me your notes before you go down. This is new.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Friday Morning Quiz
- Notes / Music Away
- Single Browser Tab
- Silent / Stay in Seats
- Click here.
11:30 Supplemental Site Maintenance
- Silent until lunch.
- Check the missing assignment sheets.
- Get the work in / email me. Some of you angels forget about the second part.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Friday Afternoon Google Inspired 20% Project
I will come around for topics today at 12:50.
All work saved into your “20” folder inside “week_9”. This is for both static imagery on the web server, or animated content in our shared drives. Either way, please create a “20” folder.