Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to Week 9!
- We have until this Friday to get Monday in for our Krispy Kreme Fundraiser! If you have been collecting, please make sure we get the money and form in by Thursday. As I said last week, to make it interesting, whoever sells the top 3 amounts of donuts can choose their 2nd quarter seat.
- Next week is Halloween on Wednesday – how are you doing for Costumes? Remember it is the CTE Spirit Week starting on Thursday – we want to try to get a record number of costumes for the class photo next Wednesday. No, being an edgy high school student isn’t a costume.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Krispy Kreme Fundraiser
- $10 a dozen turned in by this Friday 10/29!
- Delivered at school on Wednesday November 7th.
- Half the profits go to CTE Scholarship Fund – that is great.
- Half the profits go to Cawd and we are going to use to buy us:
- Ask family, brothers, friends, teachers, enemies, etc. Collect the money and bring in to me to hold it and then I will turn it in.
9:50 Design Homework 9 | Waking Up
DH | 9 is going to be through a sheet of storyboard paper. Grab a sheet of storyboard paper and tape into the next page of your sketchbook. Using only 4 cells, I want you to Storyboard “Waking Up”. From the instant you wake up (how do are you woken up?) – what happens?
Include the descriptive info on the Cawd Storyboarding, such as sheet #, sounds, time, description, etc.
Sign and date, due 1 week from today.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- Check the “Week 8” What is due – work due at 11am today. Please note how we are turning in the 20% Projects from last week:
- “20Morning” folder with morning 20% content. This could be on web server or shared drive.
- “20Afternoon” folder with afternoon 20% content. This could be on web server or shared drive.
- Bring over your sketchbook with DH | 8 when we meet.
- Study for the Quiz. As we had a short week last week we are having a Review Quiz this Friday on Week 6 and Week 7 Vocab and Terminologies. Extra credit questions come from this week.
10:40 12 Principles of Animation
Disney’s Twelve Basic Principles of Animation were introduced by the Disney animators Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas in their 1981 book The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation.
This book is often referred to as the Bible of Animation. We are going to start looking at one of the principles today: Exaggeration.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday / Tuesday Afternoon Character Animation Exercise: Emotional Andy
First, we are going to setup in infinite lighting for our copies of “Andy”. Infinite Lighting is the effect above where the plane Andy is floating on blends seamless away into the background, yet we retain the look of the plane for soft shadows. It in essence puts the entire focus of the viewer on the start of the show, as there is no environment to steal attention. This should take maybe 90 seconds.
Next we are going to take your Andy and your “White World” and work on Character Animation. You are going to create 3 short Andy animations that work on conveying emotion. There will be no sound, no scene, no other elements to distract from the practice of character animation.
Try your best to incorporate “Exaggeration” from the 12 Principles of Animation in these projects. Really exaggerate the motions and poses you put Andy in so that as much emotion as possible can get
You are going to animate the following emotions:
** If you are only here 1 of the 2 afternoons only do “Happy” and “Sad”.
Render out your .mp4 at 1080 as “lastnameAndyEmotions.mp4” and place in the “week_09” folder on the Shared Drive.
Dailies today can be renders of an actual animation or previews, so long as we are seeing your progress.