Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- Quiz tomorrow everyone! Cawd Study Group at 10:25 today and Friday.
- What a closet.
- People killed in 2017 terrorist attacks in Europe vs. Africa. A powerful infographic.
- Cawd needs one of these for Cawd Lounge.
- Ms. Wolfe is going to bring down a visitor today from 1:30 to 2 to check out the work you are creating. I am going to be showing he/she around and asking to see your work, just roll with it. This is just the first of many visitors we are going to have this year.
Halloween is 3 class days away!
- CTE has a Costume Contest with some prizes (Amazing prizes? No. But prizes.)
- Can we set a record with the most number of costumes for our Cawd Photo? Do I count 32 costumes in the photo above? Which is Mr. Moore?
- Next Tuesday.
- And for something different, anyone former Cawd kids that want to jump in, friends of Cawd are welcome. I just like the crazy randomness of the season.
Samples from yesterday’s grading:
… and of course…
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Maya Content
- FK Animation (Forward Kinematics)
- Playblast – sometimes we don’t need to render out an entire scene when just focusing on the animation. We can save playblasts, and even edit them in video editing software.
- Expressing Emotion Visually. Today and Friday we are going to focus on conveying emotion to the viewer solely with animation. No sound, no words.
10:25 Cawd Study Group
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Photoshop Restoration Practice
- Adding borders
- Masks / For fixing photos and scratches
- Masks / For Bio Mechanical Compositions. Likely not going to be super useful for seniors on CSL days, but still good application of learned content.
11:30 Morning Photoshop Pass Fail
At 12:05 today we are going to put our creations on our screens and present to the class through a gallery walk.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Post to Pose Animation Project
At 12:45 today I will upload a .fla file. This .fla has two poses over 150 frames (5 seconds).
Using pose to pose, I want you to animate your character getting through the obstacle course.
We have the initial pose created – I give this to you.
We have the final pose – I give this to you.
If doing this in a purely pose to pose method you would:
- Create a midpoint key at 75.
- Create midpoints of these two halves at roughly 37 and 110.
- Continue to refine your work until you have your character getting through the course any way you wish, so long as the first and final pose (that I created for you) don’t change.
As you test you will see your animation become more and more fluid, detailed, and at a higher frame rate.
Add in appropriate audio for the “efforts” your character takes. Grunts / rockets / magic / etc. Depending on how you complete the obstacle course, your sounds will differ.
Upload to your “week_9” shared folder as “poseToPoseObstacleCronin.mp4”.
1:30 Sound Design Production Time
Complete what we started Monday / Tuesday.
Specifics earlier in the week.