Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Welcome to another Tumultuous Tuesday! Schedules adjusted accordingly.
- Nice Lego render from Blender.
- Neat isometric room, the style has become quite popular, similar to what Lambert created.
- Champlain College is visiting Cawd tomorrow at 9:40 for a quick 20 minute presentation. If thinking about Champlain for post high school life, think of some good questions, and be on-time!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Krispy Kreme Fundraiser
- $10 a dozen turned in by this Friday 10/29! This is in 4 days!
I have extra forms if they were lost.
9:45 Blender Content
- Infinite Lighting
- Creating Materials which show underlying topology, especially for Portfolios.
- Rendering/previewing with specific file names added to the range – how this helps prevent file overwriting.
- Local vs. Global spaces – smash that button (don’t smash that button).
- Material Previews
10:25 Morning Modeling Pass Fail
This morning I am going to give you a topic. You must:
- Model / Texture
- Setup with infinite Lighting
- Setup with materials which show underlying topology
Create a single render at upload through Dailies and your “week_09” folder. At 11:00 after break we are going to look at them as a class for the Pass or Fail.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 Presentation of the __________ Pass/Fail
11:10 Creating your own Rayman Inspired Character: Body
This morning you are tasked with creating the next element of our Rayman inspired character – the body.
Today we are going to work with the second least intimidating portion (in my opinion): the body. As with the foot I recommend not getting crazy detailed with too many faces too soon!
Try your best to create equal sized quads, or 4 sided faces. We saw how non-quad faces can deform; we don’t want that. Quads will have the greatest chance of smoothing without artifacts, and they are also easier to work with (again, in my opinion). This is small, but helps illustrate what I mean.
By lunch today create 3 renders called “lastnameBody_1.jpg” through “lastnameBody_3.jpg” and upload to your “week_09” folder on the web server.
11:45 Michael St. Louis!
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance and Article
12:45 Silent Site Maintenance / Missing Work Check
- Check to see if you are missing any work / after school for tomorrows Cawd Homework Club.
- Work on anything Cawd related / Design Homework / College Homework / Rayman Body
- 12:30 / 12:40 Departures.
12:45 Monday / Tuesday Afternoon Character Animation Exercise: Emotional Andy
First, we are going to setup in infinite lighting for our copies of “Andy”. Infinite Lighting is the effect above where the plane Andy is floating on blends seamless away into the background, yet we retain the look of the plane for soft shadows. It in essence puts the entire focus of the viewer on the start of the show, as there is no environment to steal attention. This should take maybe 90 seconds.
Next we are going to take your Andy and your “White World” and work on Character Animation. You are going to create 3 short Andy animations that work on conveying emotion. There will be no sound, no scene, no other elements to distract from the practice of character animation.
Try your best to incorporate “Exaggeration” from the 12 Principles of Animation in these projects. Really exaggerate the motions and poses you put Andy in so that as much emotion as possible can get
You are going to animate the following emotions:
** If you are only here 1 of the 2 afternoons only do “Happy” and “Sad”.
Give me a material preview of animation your .mp4’s at 1080, and put together in Premiere as as “lastnameAndyEmotions.mp4” and place in the “week_09” folder on the Shared Drive.
Dailies today can be renders of an actual animation or previews, so long as we are seeing your progress.