Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Would anyone like to stay for the Cawd Homework Club? Remember that you must stay if you are missing any work. We had a student not stay last week and he/she received an “F” for their Worker Traits…and they are still missing work. Turn the work in on time, or plan to stay for Homework Club (which really isn’t that bad, it’s just you working or getting help). It may me “meh” to do Wednesday afternoon, but it solves your problems, and gets me off your back (respect for who knows the movie).
- There is a 104% chance we do this project in Cawd soon. Found on /r/design.
- Halloween is a week away! Costumes!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:40 Visit from Champlain College
- Ask good questions / be respectfull
10:15 Krispy Kreme Fundraiser
- $10 a dozen turned in by this Monday 10/29!
I have extra forms if they were lost.
10:20 Wednesday Photoshop Exercise: Restoration
While we as digital designers love to have large format imagery to work with, the reality is some of the most meaningful photos from decades ago simply aren’t that big. They may have lived in a soldiers wallet in the war, or they may be a smaller image from a larger collage.
Today we are going to work with something we may deal with next Thursday and Friday during our Community Service Learning Days, and that is smaller format images. The only real change is that you have to get used to working fairly zoomed in where the individual pixels start showing up. Just need to get used to it.
Save your final restored project as “womanRestored.jpg” and “womenRestored.psd” and upload to your “week_09” folder when complete.
10:45 (Break 15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Wednesday / Thursday Character Animation Exercise: Andy Interactions
Today and Thursday Afternoons you are going to be focused on an Andy Interaction animation with a second character. The goal of the project is to practice character animation between two characters, in our case floating droid like robots.
Some possible types of interactions (not limited to, but good jumping off points):
** So long as you are practicing animation between two characters I am happy. Topics such as “Andy looks at other character sleeping” is not what we are looking for.
The scene is limited to white infinite lighting and limited props. I am giving you zero credit for any additional modeling and texturing, I am grading you on the animation, so don’t spend too much time making a way cool widget. The animation is the key.
For this project I am going to allow sounds as I have a feeling you will want to add them to develop your project.
When complete give me material previews of your animation called “andyInteraction.mp4” at 1080p and upload to your shared “week_09” folder. Previews can go right into Premier just as any other mp4.