Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- After Effects / Cawd2 Motion Graphics example.
- TODAY Southern New Hampshire University is coming to Cawd from 1:30 to 2 to do a recruiting pitch to you. Remember the note that I copied and pasted you can send do your teacher and ask if you can leave at 1:25 to get here:
- My CTE class has Southern New Hampshire University coming to present from 1:30 to 2:00 on Wednesday, October 25th. If possible could I please be released at 1:25 so I may attend? I realize I will have to make up any work. Questions please email my teacher Matt Cronin “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Students may stay and work until 3pm today when all work from Week 8 is due. Would anyone like a Homework Club Bus? If missing any work you are required to stay after school and get caught up, or you get an “F” for this weeks Worker Trait component (and still have the 0’s) – it gets ugly quick.
- I really appreciate how hard you all are working on your Sound Design projects. I realize we aren’t done yet, so what I am going to do is scale down the afternoon Straight Ahead and Pose to Pose animation projects, and give you some time today and tomorrow afternoon to continue working on your Sound Designs. Please note that Dailies today and tomorrow will be these Straight Ahead and Pose to Pose animations; not the Sound Designs.
- Quiz Friday – Study group will come out tomorrow.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Game Design Content – Start of our Cawd Driving Game
Today we are going to start our Driving Game in Cawd.
I like to rotate in different types of games to practice on. I am thankful this year we are doing a Driving game, as there just seems to be a lot of social stigmas that could come from a direct shooter game – I am sure you understand where I am coming from as a teacher.
This morning we are going to start a process which we will work on throughout the 1st semester. By midterms we will all have a game which:
- Races around the track with laps
- Includes time
- Has a “Best time” feature and a section to type in player name/initials
- Pickups that increase speed
- Pickups that stop lap time
- Easter eggs
- A varied track, in which the player can take different “arms” of the course. My goal is the best players have to learn the game (just like any game) and there is a strategy to win.
We will world / game build in Unreal.
We will model in Maya.
We will texture in Photoshop.
We will prep audio in Audition.
Should be a nice industry standard workflow demonstration.
So – let’s start by taking a look at world creation in Unreal, terrain, etc.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
- Be back at 11am sharp for attendance.
- Give your attention to Mr. Bisson who is our Cawd English teacher.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Straight Ahead Animation Project: Match Lighting
In Animate, at a resolution of 1280 x 720 and 30fps, animate a match striking the ground and lighting. I want at least 2 seconds of dedicated match fire. Once you animate the match striking the ground, have at least these 2 seconds of the match burning.
Include a logical sound through Premiere.
Export as “straightAheadMatchCronin.mp4” into your “week_9” folder.
For credit, today dailies must be this Straight Ahead Match animation.
1:30 Sound Design Production Time
Complete what we started Monday / Tuesday.
Specifics earlier in the week.