Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
- Does anyone have their Start of the Year Paperwork? Normal credit today. Max 80 Monday and so on. Such an easy first grade to get in.
- You are at the end of your first week! AND you already get a long weekend. Seriously…. no one will be here on Monday.
9:40 Attendance and Article
This morning we are going to start using Blender! Blender is a new program to the CAWD family. Previously we used MAYA, and to be honest, there are pros and cons to both. But there were things with Maya that we could just not ignore anymore. Such as rendering, profits, and costs. Blender is an Open Source program that is POWERFUL. This morning we will be covering:
- Basics to the Blender Interface
- Differences in the Mouse controls
- Object Mode vs. Edit Mode
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Castles with Blender
For the remainder of the morning, I would like you to re-create your castle project. Knowing modeling the way you all do now, and with a new program, I would like to see how much better you can make your first castle project.
I would like you all to focus more on the actual models than texturing. But please use the basic materials to enhance your scene.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Physics and Modifiers with Blender
11:10 Blender C1 Vs. C2
This afternoon we will be joining CAWD1 again to see if we are already better than them at Blender. They have had 2 days, we have had one.
The goal of the afternoon is to make a domino style physics event. Using the Physics and Modifiers we just learned, I want you get creative with how dominos fall, and what kind of shows they create.