Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
HW Club: Wednesday 2:05 – 3:00
- B Day
- Does anyone have their Start of the Year Paperwork? Extra credit for today. Normal credit tomorrow. Max 80 Monday and so on. Such an easy first grade to get in.
9:40 Attendance and Article
This morning you will be reading and summarize the article and graphic that describes CRAP. This is the basics to most design and will help us throughout the year to make good stuff.
Read the following article.
I would like you to summarize the article and graphic in a way that shows you know what CRAP is. Doesn’t have to be a lot, but just needs to prove to me you got the concept. Please include:
- Brief description of each principle
- Example of good and bad
This can be a Google document, text write up, photoshop write up, really anything that proves to me you know the 4 Principles.
When complete, upload as crap.pdf to your week_01 folder.
10:00 About Me Info
With your newly acquired knowledge, for the remainder of the morning, we will be working on a graphic to describe yourself and what you did this summer. I know you were all in the same class last year, but some of you may not have talked over the summer and I can’t say I know all of you very well.
We will be presenting these on twitter for our Dailies.
The graphic needs to contain the following:
- Town / School
- Favorite project from year 1
- Expectations YOU have for CAWD 2
- Any idea of what you wanna be or do
- Things you wanna learn (in general, not just cawd)
- List of 3-5 things you did this summer
- List of 3-5 hobbies or things you like
- List of 3-5 things you don’t like (spiders, the dark, etc)
- List of 3-5 bands / movies / TV shows / books you like
- 8.5″ x 11″
- Follow CRAP
When complete, upload as aboutMe.jpg to your week_01 folder.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Apply Stickers to Computers
11:30 CAWD Twitter Accounts
I will be asking everyone to create a twitter account that we will be using to update each other over the course of our projects. I would like to use this instead of the traditional Dailies format.
This will be your professional space. This is not a space to bully, post memes, or even talk about what you had for dinner. Your professionalism and timeliness will be added into a grade for your Worker Traits.
You will be:
- Making your own account using your EWSD emails
- Personalizing but staying professional (I will check this)
- Change photo
- Change background
- Change color
- Add professional bio
- Website if you have one or to CAWD directory
- Follow 1 Person unrelated to CAWD, but related to your field of choice.
I will be asking you all to “tweet” everyday as replacement of our Dailies. I will be asking for three parts:
- What is the objective?
- Were there any challenges or hurdles you overcame to achieve said goal?
- Photo of progress.
When complete, instead of uploading, follow my twitter and post your first update. Quick summary of what the space may be, your first hello, something professional.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Story Boarding
When creating a movie, short story, or simple animation, you always have to start with a story or basis to a story. Once the idea is created (normally written onto paper), the writer will hand off the script to a storyboard artist to visually create the story so directors can get a better feel of what it will look like. After the storyboard is created, it will then be pitched to the directors for approval and critiques.
What I will have you do is create a story board to a fairly broad idea of a script. Everyone’s will most likely be different, but this will just make the presentations more interesting.
I will be placing you in groups to get the idea of teamwork and the idea of groups possibly having conflicting ideas. You must convey in some way all the elements below. You will have 15 note cards and must fill at least 10 of them.
At the bottom of your card you must note:
Your presentations will be 2 minutes long, not shorter or longer. If you finish before the 2 minutes are up, you will be awkwardly standing in front of the class. Do a jig or something. We will present these for our Dailies today.
- Judah, Haven, CJ
- Senghe, Colton, Jimmy, Harper
- Eli, Maliki, Cam L.
- Katy, Nolan, Evan
- Thompson, Victor, Cam S.
Story Requirements: (we will come up with these as a class)
- Main Character: Phillip the Pharmacist
- Time: The 1950’s
- Location: Luisville Kentucky
- Conflict: Going to pick up a large shipment.
Todays Dailies will be our Story Board Presentations.