Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- WELCOME BACK! Day 1 of many.
- We have a new site! It’s structured generally the same, so you should still be able to find everything from before.
- Please find your seats according to your paperwork. Speaking of…
- Paperwork needs to be handed back by Friday. Extra credit (110) if you get it to me tomorrow. Full credit Friday (100), and then it will drop 20 points per day after.
- CAWD2 Rules
- CAWD2 Syllabus
- Attendance policy
- Emergency terminology
- Lunch has changed. Only 10 minutes. But this means you must be heading to class at 12:39:59. NOT in CAWD.
- Schedules – You must attend all classes on your schedule until changed.
- Science will start week 3. Our first Monday.
- Desktop Backgrounds only from Unsplash.
9:40 Attendance and Article
10:00 Emmy Charron – College Classes Already!?!?
10:10 Archive Year 1
Take all the work currently in your FTP account and move into a folder caller year_01. Once you have created your year_01 folder you should create a week_01 folder to hold all the work from this week.
Now that we don’t have all the web space in the world, everyone needs to make sure all of your content is under 2GB. This is not a problem for most, but a few others may have downloaded a few games or two in CAWD 1. I’ll come over to the ones that need to trim the fat off their content. Don’t worry, not in trouble, Mr. Cronin and I are just trying to control our web space a bit better.
On top of moving everything into a year_01 folder and deleting the unnecessary stuff, you will take your index.html file and rename it to index1.html. This will just allow Mr. Cronin to get into your year_01folder and explore when he’s looking for examples for his current first years.
10:20 Goal Time Capsule
Real quick we are going to write down some goal you would like to achieve over the school year. This can be any goal at all. Could be about life, health, education, work, family, maybe a hobby? We are going to take these goals, shove them into a “time capsule” and not look at them until the last week of school. This is a fun and different way to keep yourself accountable.
Read the following article.
I would like you to summarize the article and graphic in that shows you know what CRAP is. Doesn’t have to be a lot, but just needs to prove to me you got the concept. Please include:
- Brief description of each principle
- Example of good and bad
When complete, upload as crap.pdf to your week_01 folder.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 About Me
With your newly acquired knowledge, for the remainder of the morning, we will be working on a graphic to describe yourself and what you did this summer. I know you were all in the same class last year, but some of you may not have talked over the summer and I can’t say I know all of you very well.
We will be presenting this graphic to the class first thing tomorrow morning.
The graphic needs to contain the following:
- Town / School
- Favorite project from year 1
- Expectations YOU have for CAWD 2
- Any idea of what you wanna be or do
- Things you wanna learn (in general, not just cawd)
- List of 3-5 things you did this summer
- List of 3-5 hobbies or things you like
- List of 3-5 things you don’t like (spiders, the dark, etc)
- List of 3-5 bands / movies / TV shows / books you like
- 8.5″ x 11″
- Follow CRAP
When complete, upload a file called about.png to your week_01 folder.
12:05 7/8 Classes???
Let’s figure out where everyone needs to go. We are going to do this before lunch so you won’t be coming back to CAWD after.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Retro Game – Modern Photography
For the rest of the day, we are going to do a small project that combines photography and retro gaming. As you can see from the examples below, old school games have been brought into real life scenarios. Maybe some places they never though they’d be.
So what I want you to do is to collect a few retro characters and collect some high resolution photos. You can use google to find some .png’s of your retro characters, you can use your own photos if you have any for the high resolution photos, or you can use Unsplash for you photos.
- 1 complex retro edit (at least 4 different characters – i.e: mario characters)
- 3 simple retro edits (1 character)
When complete upload into your week 1 folder as retro1.jpg – retro4.jpg.