Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
- EHS Early Release Day. Adjusted Schedule.
- TOooMORRRrrOOWWww is Halloween! Have your Costumes ready. We want to take a GIANT class photo @ 9:45. There is also the Costume Contest in M116 at 10:30 – 11. Go win some Pastries!
- Financial Aid Help Tomorrow in the Library 10-12. Go in your costumes. Make life entertaining.
- Community Service Learning Days are this Thursday and Friday. I will be having Roles for the Day for some students to get CS hours. I will need:
- 2 Photographers 9:30 – 11:00
- 2 photographers 11:00 – 12:30
- 2 Photographers 12:30 – 2:00
- Thursday – Thompson and Senghe Front CAWD Table
- Friday – Senghe Front CAWD Table
- No Google 20% today. You will have Thursday as a whole for Google 20%.
- Zach King 3D Printing illusions
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Tuesday Morning “Speed” Model
Speed modeling is a practice professionals and beginners use to see what they can make in a short period of time. This is not to induce stress, this is to see how far we can get with our current skills.
I’m sure you have all seen videos similar to this:
We wont be putting these into a game engine today. But we can save these for the future when we get into Unity.
Post your model on your twitter @ 10:40. I will scan through a few of them on the big board. They MUST be posted before 10:45. The whole point of the practice is to do, reflect, move on.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance and Article
12:25 Site Maintenance
12:30 EHS students Leave for 7/8
12:40 CTE Students leave for 7/8
12:45 Monday – Wednesday Afternoon C1 / C2 Isometric Haunted House
Keep in mind students who leave for afternoon classes.
Today’s Dailies should focus on Proportions. We would like to see as many pieces of work put into the room so during dailies we can see if the proportions of your objects, doors, so on, are correct and just make sense.
Over the next three afternoons we will be trying out the massively popular project idea of Isometric Rooms. Check out Colton’s amazing first version. Here is some more inspiration to check out as well.
We will be teaming up with CAWD1 students as well as ourselves to make a large scale group project. There will be teams of 4-5 with Creative Directors. We will be taking all these projects and combining them into the photo above.
- Cam L.
Each group will have one Final Render that is handed in by the CD. The grade from the CD will be the grade for the group.
This image above is really close to what we are trying to go for minus a few bits. We want a Haunted House first. Second, we want different rooms. We will be drafting our rooms over in C1 this afternoon. Draft at 12:45.
- Living Room
- Media Room
- Dining Room
How to make a Perfect Isometric Room 3 Ways
Once rooms are decided, we want to see some preliminary production. Ideas, sketches, lists, jobs, textures, more more more. Communication is Key. Please walk back and forth as CDs to make sure your team is on task.
Dailies will be in C1 but through C2 Twitters. Dailies as usual.
1:35 EHS Bus Students EOD
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.