Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- Halloween! Have your Costumes ready. We want to take a GIANT class photo at 9:45. There is also the Costume Contest in M116 at 10:30 – 11. Go win some Pastries!
- Financial Aid Help in the Library between 10 – 12. Go in your Costumes. Scare Emmy. But for real, get some assistance with the whole scary money talk. Get it out of the way.
- Community Service Learning Days are Tomorrow and Friday. I will be having Roles for the Day for some students to get CS hours. I will need:
- 2 Photographers 9:30 – 11:00
- 2 photographers 11:00 – 12:30
- 2 Photographers 12:30 – 2:00
- Thursday – Thompson and Senghe Front CAWD Table
- Friday – Senghe Front CAWD Table
9:45 Halloween Costume Photo
Bring your costumes. Bring your friends. Bring your grandmother. Good people for Halloween Photo.
10:00 Halloween Papercraft
Small assignment today as many things are revolving. DIM Presentations, Costume Photo, Costume Contest M116, Financial Aid Help in Costumes, Thompson Photo Restore.
Papercraft is the process of using just paper of card stock to make 3D objects. We can take an 8.5″ / 11″ sheet of paper and make it into a 6 inch standing character. Like Pikachu.
You may either take this template or go out and find another template OR you can make your own template.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Thompson Photo Restoration Practice
Thompson. I will be asking you to be our Community Service Director. This is a lot of power my friend.
You will be in charge of:
- The Photo Restoration Booth Down @ CTE Entrance
- Welcoming the Elderly and Directing them Down to CAWD (not walking them here, others do that)
The Photo above is a all in one photo that will have you practice the basic skills to show off what we are doing in CAWD. Take that photo above, save it to your machine. Use that photo as practice. It will teach / refresh you on:
- Clone Stamping tool
- Masking Layers
- Straighten / Alignment
- Color Restoration (if you wanna go a little crazy)
Have the frames ready for tomorrow. We will have the CAWD stuff ready for tomorrow.
11:00 Halloween Papercraft Cont.
If you are not part of the DIM Presentations or your name is not Thompson, you should be continuing your work on the Papercraft, or other related CAWD work.
Most importantly, silence. Presenters need the space. We will be respectful.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Monday – Wednesday Afternoon C1 / C2 Isometric Haunted House
Over the next three afternoons we will be trying out the massively popular project idea of Isometric Rooms. Check out Colton’s amazing first version. Here is some more inspiration to check out as well.
We will be teaming up with CAWD1 students as well as ourselves to make a large scale group project. There will be teams of 4-5 with Creative Directors. We will be taking all these projects and combining them into the photo above.
- Cam L.
Each group will have one Final Render that is handed in by the CD. The grade from the CD will be the grade for the group.
This image above is really close to what we are trying to go for minus a few bits. We want a Haunted House first. Second, we want different rooms. We will be drafting our rooms over in C1 this afternoon. Draft at 12:45.
- Living Room
- Media Room
- Dining Room
How to make a Perfect Isometric Room 3 Ways
Once rooms are decided, we want to see some preliminary production. Ideas, sketches, lists, jobs, textures, more more more. Communication is Key. Please walk back and forth as CDs to make sure your team is on task.
Dailies will be in C1 but through C2 Twitters. Dailies as usual.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.