Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- Ten more days till Turkey Day! This means we have a game day heading our way. This first game day will run a bit different than normal. Since we have college, we must shift our fun around those responsibilities.
- Game Day will be on Thursday, Nov 15h.
- You must have ALL work handed into CAWD and Academic Classes. Emails go out tomorrow.
- What do we want to eat!? I have a Poorly Made Wicker basket, not the same as the piece of pottery, but same concept. Let’s make this fair for everyone. I will go to P-Chops Thursday morning with all proceeds.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Putting things into corrects folders.
- Naming our documents correctly
- Uploading Videos into the Google shared folders
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Helvetica the Movie
No article or dalies this afternoon so we can jump to our 1hr / 20min movie.
Before we finish our typography small unit (we will be using typography all day every day), we will be checking out Helvetica the Movie based on the font Helvetica.
The sound track to this movie is my liiife.
I will be asking you all to take notes, on paper. Real paper. So we are not staring at our computer screens during a movie. I will be asking you to keep an eye out for:
- Where does Helvetica Originate from? When created?
- List 3 different design styles or movements that are discussed in the film.
- Who was you favorite designer from the film?
- Favorite Part
- Views on Helvetica
- Views on Tpography
- Do you have empathy for Graphic and Type designers?
- 5 General Notes / Observations on the movie.
- Think of the font you most commonly use when designing. Which is it? Why do you use that one?
When the movie is over, I will collect all finished worksheets. Please make sure to sign and date before I collect.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.