Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- Welcome to December! And so the music starts!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Putting things into corrects folders.
- Naming our documents correctly
- Uploading Videos into the Google shared folders
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:40 Intro to Unity
Today and for the rest of the week, we will be exploring the great gaming program of UNITY 3D. This is a super powerful program. Some great games have been made with Unity already, check them out here. And maybe the games we make this year can be added onto that list.
Just take a look through Unity’s Youtube page, blows my mind what can be made with this thing. If you have never played I Am Bread, download it when you get home and enjoy the greatest thing literally since sliced bread. Unity 2015 Highlight Reel.
For this first hour, we are just going to explore the interface of Unity and get a better understanding of some of the verbiage/controls. We are all going to have to start by creating an account and logging onto Unity.
Learning the Interface:
- Scene Window
- Game Window
- Project Window (assets)
- Hierarchy Window
- Inspector Window
Basic Understanding of:
- Game Objects
- Creating Scripts
1:20 Race Track
For the rest of the afternoon, we are going to be using terrain building and object building to create speed versions of race tracks. Check the image above, very close to the idea I want.
- 4 Jumps
- Grass / Materials
- 1 Full Loop
- Lots of boxes and objects to hit / interact
When complete, take a screenshot of your race track (again just like above) and save it as raceTrack.png to your week_14 folder.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.