Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- A Day.
- Dealer.com Visit for the next few days: Listen to the bus driver for when and where he will pick you up. If you have not gotten me your forms, you must sign this by tomorrow.
- Pre-Tech needs there LABELS, not just logos. These HAVE to be uploaded and sent. Some of her students may come in today for a bit of feedback. Heads up, have them ready.
- HW Club Bus?
- Overwatch Winter Wonderland 2017 Event
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design a Food Truck/Stand
For the remainder of the day, continuing to next week, I want to start a group project I think will incorporate a bunch of your skills together to make one really appealing group project.
We are all going to go through the process of designing a food truck/stand from the group up. Food Trucks are becoming increasingly more popular, to the point where some teachers here at CTE are taking on a food truck as a side job/hobby. Mr Bohman worked with Samantha Martelle on his a little during her time at CAWD.
- Carner, Sarah, Eli
- Soren, Haley, Reid
- Witham, Bruce, Conor
- Tenzin, Goodman, Alex
I would like to see three distinctly different parts to this project. Website (one page), Graphics, and Commercial (Maya and After Effects/Premier).
This part should be thought about from the whole group and then taken by one student to take control of. Make sure everyone inputs their ideas.
- Color Palette
- Menu (Paper and Sign)
- Truck graphics
The website should be the place where the customer can find ALL pieces of information about your food truck. There will be a few requirements below and some questions that will guide you towards information you will need.
- Where will your food truck / stand be regularly?
- Does it move?
- What can I order?
- Fast Service?
- Do you got to events?
- Social Media? Contact?
- 1 Page
- Description / About Section
- Social Media (mock, dead links)
You commercial I am giving you all the most creative freedom on. There is really only a few things you must have in your commercial.
- Model of Truck / Stand
- Social Medias
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Design a Food Truck/Stand
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Skills USA Pin
Today is the start of our SkillsUSA Pin design.
Deer have always had a very good shot a winning. Lets try to break this trend. Even though deer have done very well in Vermont, we haven’t seen them go far at nationals. The furthest pin is the check mark below. Let’s be unique but really try to define Vermont in a pin.
I would like us to get our sketches out of the way and start our pins from there. Using your inspiration from the bubbles or from something completely new, I need to see 1 Low fidelity sketch and 1 High fidelity sketch. Once you show me these you can start on your pin directly.
- 1 Low Fidelity
- 1 High Fidelity
- Top 8
- Top 5
- Top Vermont
- Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop (NOT BOTH)
- Some object / shape that represents Vermont
- SkillsUSA (exactly like this)
- Super hipstery
- 8.5 x 11
- Big logo & tiny logo (tiny logo = 1″ x 1″) template