Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- Welcome back to 2019! It’s like I haven’t seen you all for a whole year…. Hope everyone had a fun vacation and maybe even got outside?? Probably not, let’s be honest.
- CAWD 2’s Midterm will be next week Monday – Friday. I will be putting out a schedule for who is going when LATE Friday afternoon. (Your midterm will be a 20 – 30 minute teaching of a topic of choice.)
- Today is your day to fill out your Student Specific Studies plan AND start figuring out when you want to do for your Midterm Lesson.
- SkillsUSA Teams – I would like to solidify / build the SkillsUSA teams. I know some of you are already interested / started. But now is time to sign you up for the competitions. Let me know what you think and I’ll put your name below:
- Web Design:
- Interactive Application and Game Design:
- Judah / Colton
- Cam S. / Harper
- Tristen / Senghe / Cam L. / Nate
- 3D Visualization and Animation:
- Jimmy / Maliki
- T-Shirt Design:
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Student Specific Studies
For the next month or so (up until Feb 15th -end of P3), We will be focusing on student specific studies.
Now most of you understand the general field you would like to go into. This is your opportunity to choose and dive into that more specifically on your own.
If you take a look below, you should see links to documents that will outline each subject area in CAWD. These subject areas can feel broad. In each, you will see a general description (wikipedia), skills, and a timeline. The timeline is for you to fill out. This is where you can focus your skills to maybe a specific area in each subject. For example: If you want to be making games, but only want to code vs model, you can choose you projects to focus on the code instead of the modeling.
- Game Design
- Graphic Design / Visual Arts
- Web Design
- Video / Audio / Photography
- Other (If you feel like your area is not prominent here, let’s talk about it. We can build one that may be more specific for student needs.)
You will all be choosing one of these categories and your document must be filled out by Monday January 7th 9:45.
9:50 Midterm – Requirements
Here are your requirements for your Midterm. It will be a teaching of your choice roughly 20-25 mins long. I will go through step by step on what I want you all to have as deliverables.
step 1: topic
Choose an area you feel most comfortable with. Don’t want to stand in front of the room and have things blow up (I know the pain). You must verify with me your topic. It must be something we can do in our space (no painting…).
SOMETHING WE DON’t ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DO
Examples: Animation (walking) – Photography (tilt Shift) – After Effects (music/effects)
step 2: lesson plan
Here is the real “technical” part to the Midterm. You HAVE to fill out a lesson plan that outlines the whole process. What are we going to learn? What are we going to gain from this presentation? How long will the whole thing take? Beginning, middle and end. What materials will you need? And lastly, how did it all go?
Here is a template for your lesson plan.
step 3: materials
What materials are you going to need? This may mean you don’t need anything. Photoshop, After Effects or FL Studios may be the only thing you need. In this case, you don’t leave this section on your lesson plan blank, you must fill it in with the programs you need.
If you need things the class does not have, this is your time to get these ready. If you need cameras, this is your time to tell me how many, what parts, ect. I don’t want you showing up 30 mins before your lesson saying “I need 12 cameras stat!”
step 4: prep
Practice, please practice. You will need to fill at least 20 mins. Don’t let this be so awkward we crawl underneath our desks. You will be standing in front of all of us, being as professional as possible.
You will only have a set amount of time, time management is huge. If 20 minutes goes by and we haven’t even gotten to the project yet, it wasn’t well managed.
step 5: presentation
There will be a schedule posted on Friday Afternoon telling you all who goes when. I don’t want to give you this now because if you are the person who goes last on Friday, you may not even start to think about this until Thursday night.
You will have minimum 20 mins and maximum 25 minutes to give your lesson. You must stay professional. No bursting out laughing because you said something funny.
9:55 SkillsUSA T-Shirt Design
Mentioned this before the break. I got us a small extension on when these are due. T-Shirt Designs must be handed to be by Friday, January 11th. That’s next Friday.
Reminder of T-shirt Requirements:
- The T-shirt designer must specify the color of the shirt that the artwork will be screened onto and where artwork will be placed.
- In addition to the T-shirt background color, the designer may use up to four colors in his or her artwork. These colors are “spot colors” and may not be blended or shaded.
- The following text must appear on the T-shirt design: “SkillsUSA (STATE NAME)” followed by the appropriate year (2019).
- The SkillsUSA emblem or SkillsUSA logo (or elements of either) should not appear on the design.
- All copyright laws must be followed in the creation of the design.
- Contestants will present a five to seven minute presentation regarding their design. Talking points should include:
- How he or she came up with the design
- The process used in developing their design
- The design’s unique qualities
- Why other students/advisors would want to wear it
10:00 Site Maintenance
- Putting things into corrects folders.
- Naming our documents correctly
- Uploading Videos into the Google shared folders
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Student Specific Studies & Midterm Prep.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:40 Student Specific Studies & Midterm Prep.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.