Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- A Day.
- SkillsUSA Teams – We must know by the end of this week. Pick good people. This is who I have, or think I have at the moment:
- Goodman and Nolan (C1) – Web
- Alex and Witham – Web
- Carner and Eli (C1) – Game
- Reid and Tenzin – Game
- Upright Builders – Talked to Michael yesterday after school. He has purchased a domain and hosting space. Alex, I will communicate with you login info so we can install WordPress.
- ADL Photography – Last day of photography (2 photos…). I want to thank Alex, Haley and Sarah for the hard work and time outside of class to complete this project. Fun time, and awesome work.
- 2 Visitors this morning. 10:05 – 10:30. I will assign as I see them.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 SkillsUSA / Student Specific Studies
UPDATE: Tomorrow you will all be doing your first presentation. 11:50 – 12:10 Your presentation will be:
- 1-2 minutes
- What you have set as your goals?
- How you plan to achieve them?
- Things you need to achieve goals?
- What have you started?
I still need to talk to:
This morning I will be passing by each student to clarify what they are planning for their student specific studies. I want to see:
- Objectives set for weeks / times.
- A generalized plan. (How some things will get done)
- An end goal.
- Connecting the Standards to the goal / objectives.
Please keep in mind, Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays from now until Feb. 22nd will be time for you to focus on your projects. I will take up time between Wednesdays and Thursdays. Weeks can very depending on events.
Every Friday before Lunch, we will all be doing 1-2 minute (not seconds) presentations on what you learned or did this week. There will still be dailies, and now there are weeklies.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Role Models and Inspirations
When we see skills in others, we gain skills in ourselves. It’s important to find role models in our lives to help guide us through learning skills or characteristics.
I would like you all to look for 3 role models in your lives. This can be a family member, a friend, a coworker, teacher, or what I believe the be the most impactful, someone in your industry of choice. I want you to look deep into “Why are they a role model for you?” and “What do you plan to gain from them?”
What I want you to document:
- What is a Role Model to you? (1 description)
- Who is a Role Model to you?
- Describe who they are.
- Describe what they do.
- Why are they a role model to you?
- What characteristics do they have?
- What do you want to gain from them?
Extra Credit: Extra credit for anyone who makes this into a visual graphic of some sort. Video, graphic design, animation, just text and pictures. So on.
When complete upload as roleModels.pdf (or extra credit file type) to your week_19 folder.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 SkillsUSA Pin Speeches
This morning I will be working with Haley and Sarah to prepare for their Pin Speeches. Below are a few things we need to do / prepare:
- Fix SkillsUSA to be real lowercase and uppercase.
- Construct packet
- Show Process (sketches, prototypes, etc.)
- Why does your pin represent Vermont?
- Why is your pin unique?
- Why would people want to wear your pin?
The pin presentation will now be on Monday, January 29th. Presentations must be complete by Friday, January 26th.
UPDATE: We may be competing between other programs from CTE now. Let’s kick some butt.
We are looking to jump into one more competition for SkillsUSA. T-shirt design is something we have never done. It’s something that fits well in CAWD. If you are interested, please let me know. Let’s dive into the rules.
This needs to be complete by Friday, January 26th.
1:45 Speech Practice
First run through of our speeches.
- I wont time you
- I wont tell you exactly what to say
- We wont judge.
Super dry run through with all the mess ups. Mr. Cronin keeps hyping up Jimmy, let’s start hyping up Sarah and Haley.
Computers off or asleep. Check work and go. Check Dailies